What's on your DD's feet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2016
Ringor. Used to wear Under Armor, but they started hurting her feet. Nike before that, Adidas before that. She says Ringor is the most comfortable she’s ever worn. Never tried Mizuno, New Balance, or Boombah because she doesn’t want to switch away from Ringor now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Ringors. Worth every cent now her feet have stopped growing. She has metals and turfs.

New Balance before that when I seemed to be replacing them every 6 months with a lot left in them

Aug 23, 2016
DD's still in the molded cleats, but she's Nike all the way. She has narrow feet so they fit her better than some other brands. Not sure about durability because my kid is part Bigfoot and outgrows her cleats before they show too much wear.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD's still in the molded cleats, but she's Nike all the way. She has narrow feet so they fit her better than some other brands. Not sure about durability because my kid is part Bigfoot and outgrows her cleats before they show too much wear.

We had that issue when my DD was in rec ball. When we made the move to travel, she was in her cleats a lot more, and was wearing the nubs off before she could out-grow them. At 13yo, her foot has stopped growing, and she's in metals. I'm expecting her to wear out the top of the cleat for the first time ever.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Nothing but Ringor Bandit spikes......
expensive at $103 a pair, but you get what you pay for.... still have last years in excellent condition (after 90 games), but she outgrew them

FYI if any one needs a pair of molded grey/black Ringors in size 9... let me know

Last edited:
May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD's prefers Nike for her metal cleats. She's tried on New Balance, Under Armour, and Mizzuno, but still prefers Nike for some reason. Her turf shoes are Boombah and she likes those as well. After her feet are done growing we might get her into a pair of Ringors, but in the mean time she's on a shoe budget lol.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Both twin DD's wear Ringor metals now (with the Toe protection). Have worn a lot of Mizunos, Nike and UA in the past. Have a weird problem with my pitching DD's pair though...Ringor did offer us a "one-time replacement" after seeing these pics and sent us a new pair right away. Strange thing - same thing shown in the bottom pic has happened again! My catcher's pair have held up great so far.
Ringor left side.jpgRingor toe cut.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD has had just about every brand going through TB as a pitcher first, then a catcher. Ringors were the only cleat that lasted more than 3-6 months. We actually got 2 years or so out of each pair of those. Now she's wearing Mizuno since that's what her college team wears. She likes them well enough but says her Ringors were more comfortable.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
DD loves Ringors with the pitching toe. She moved to the lighter ones and they seem to hold up almost as well as the heavier ones. Also uses their turfs. She has a terrible drag that we've failed to change after 5 years. This last pair we bought 4th of July 2016 - went through end of '16 season, fall ball 2016, all of 2017 and are just now starting to wear out. That is a lot of games and practices to get drug through the muck and keep going strong.

Boombah turfs barely made it through the season.
Adidas klilled her feet.
Nikes might as well have been made of cardboard for how fast she tore through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi