What to expect?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Its different with every pitcher. Some kids can come back from walks and others can't. What is acceptable to a fireballer is different that what is acceptable with a finesse pitcher. At 10 my dd could walk the bases loaded and strike out the next 3. You had to hold your breath sometimes, other kids walk the bases loaded and then they start lobbing them down the middle. At 10U there is no "acceptable" number, you have to figure it out for each kid.

Just a bit of an update from my earlier post....My DD pitched 2 innings in a scrimmage we had this weekend. She walked the bases loaded then struck out the side in the 1st. Then in the second she struck out the first batter but catcher dropped the ball girl got to first. This girl ended up scoring on another bad throw from the catcher and my daughter then struck out the next three batters for a four stikeout inning. Not bad I guess....Thanks to all who offered their advice.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Just a bit of an update from my earlier post....My DD pitched 2 innings in a scrimmage we had this weekend. She walked the bases loaded then struck out the side in the 1st. Then in the second she struck out the first batter but catcher dropped the ball girl got to first. This girl ended up scoring on another bad throw from the catcher and my daughter then struck out the next three batters for a four stikeout inning. Not bad I guess....Thanks to all who offered their advice.

Seven K's in two innings. That's pretty cool! ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd