what to do ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2015
I have a 13yr old DD that just finished her first year of travel ball. She will be 14U again next year but will be a freshmen in HS. She has only pitched for 2 years but has done very well, has great velocity, good accuracy, and seems to be able to pick up and throw new pitches pretty quickly. In tournaments this year umpires would tell our catcher that she was the best pitcher in 14u at the tournaments. My question is what do I need to do to find out what kind of potential does she have, and what is the best thing to do to get her on the radar of college coaches?

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
My question is what do I need to do to find out what kind of potential does she have, and what is the best thing to do to get her on the radar of college coaches?

1) what level does she want to play college ball? D1, D2, etc?

2) Best thing you can do is get her on a good showcase team...go to the tryouts, and then you will see if she is at the level you think she's at. Keeping her at 14u will not hurt her, but keeping her on team that isn't "exposed" will.

3) Get a copy of Catharine Aradi's book...lots of good stuff in it for newbie parents. Some of it can be taken with a grain of salt, but there is good stuff that you probably are not aware of. Order here: http://www.fastpitchrecruiting.com/book.html/

4) lots of hard work for pitchers - just have to grind it and focus on the goal, esp if that is HER goal...to play college ball.

HTH and good luck.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd