What to do when your daughter loses interest?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The teenager plague spreads quickly among our youth today. Cell phones, instagram and snapchat have a lot to do with it. Remember we all go thru it.

Yay can't wait!! My 7 year old already gives me attitude. Out of curiousity does anyone know of boarding schools that parents can go to during teenage years? Preferably ones that don't involve
padded walls and straightjackets?

Apr 8, 2014
Yay can't wait!! My 7 year old already gives me attitude. Out of curiousity does anyone know of boarding schools that parents can go to during teenage years? Preferably ones that don't involve
padded walls and straightjackets?

If I had it to do over again - I woulda started them out with their cell phones very differently. They would NOT get them all the time. (Like mine do now- the horse is already out of the barn in my house ). They ONLY get them after homework, practices and chores are done every night. Etc. they will tell you they need them all the time. Don't believe them. My 13 year old lost hers totally over a week ago for misbehavior. Strangely enough she's still ok. Plus still has friends. Imagine that. One of my biggest regrets is letting the phone use get out of hand to begin with. Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
If I had it to do over again - I woulda started them out with their cell phones very differently. They would NOT get them all the time. (Like mine do now- the horse is already out of the barn in my house ). They ONLY get them after homework, practices and chores are done every night. Etc. they will tell you they need them all the time. Don't believe them. My 13 year old lost hers totally over a week ago for misbehavior. Strangely enough she's still ok. Plus still has friends. Imagine that. One of my biggest regrets is letting the phone use get out of hand to begin with. Yep.

Amazingly enough some of my DD's friends have cells already.. I don't even have a smart phone!! No idea how we are going to deal with this. I have a PhD in Mechanical engineering and I can all but guarantee
this is going to be more difficult to handle then any question I was asked on my PhD qualifying exam:(

Apr 8, 2014
Amazingly enough some of my DD's friends have cells already.. I don't even have a smart phone!! No idea how we are going to deal with this. I have a PhD in Mechanical engineering and I can all but guarantee
this is going to be more difficult to handle then any question I was asked on my PhD qualifying exam:(

My 2 girls can't be bribed or punished by anything else. I've tried. All they care about is that phone. I failed in that area very badly. Lol.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
My 2 girls can't be bribed or punished by anything else. I've tried. All they care about is that phone. I failed in that area very badly. Lol.

I'm thinking maybe we can get all of the parent's of 7 year olds in our town together and have everybody agree to not let them have phones until they are in college. You think that will work?? :p

Jun 19, 2013
My 15 year old just got her first phone this year half way through her Freshman year. She did have access to an ipod and ipad at home for wasting lots of time, but it definitely limited a lot of things. I highly recommend it. Of course it means you have to be very involved with them to keep in contact which may not work for many families where both parents are working full time.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The teenager plague spreads quickly among our youth today. Cell phones, instagram and snapchat have a lot to do with it. Remember we all go thru it.

BS. This attitude has been around a lot longer than social media. It goes back at least as far as when your phone was plugged into the wall and had a twisty cord.

May 20, 2016
Mine is still young, but even at this point it can sometimes be a struggle. My go to is "if you don't want to play, that's okay", as soon as i drop that things change quickly. Sometimes they feel they have no control on what is happening in their lives, drop the controller in their hand and let them make the call.

At least it works for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06