What softball gear is Santa bringing this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Bought my oldest DD a full set of Wilson ProMotion gear that she won't be needing, as her future college coach just informed us that she'll get all new gear next year. Still OK as the younger one has four seasons to go until college. So she's just getting a pair of batting gloves.

Younger DD gets two new Lizard Skins grips and a pair of batting gloves.

Apr 26, 2015
Wilson and Louisville website. Dont get too excited though. The LXT is a -8 and the A2000 is LHT.

DD is almost 13 but pretty small with long skinny fingers and tiny little wrists - any thoughts on how this would work as an outfielders glove for her? Her primary position is catcher. And yes she is lefty.

Feb 3, 2014
Oldest DD getting Easton Stealth Retro 34/24. Youngest DD getting Ringor Turf shoes, hopefully her foot has quit growing !
Several college camps for oldest & Rick Pauly pitching clinic 2 weeks ago for both.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
DD is almost 13 but pretty small with long skinny fingers and tiny little wrists - any thoughts on how this would work as an outfielders glove for her? Her primary position is catcher. And yes she is lefty.

It arrived yesterday. Quality is what you expect from an A2000, excellent. Nice stiff leather that should hold its shape once its broken in. Im not a fan of the velcro strap, but it seems servicable. Im guessing the finger stalls are small because I couldnt get my hand in it with the strap undone! Small wrist and skinny fingers required! Its only a 12" pattern, usually for pitcher or infield. Id like to use a suitcase in the outfield, but this will work fine for teenagers. My daughters coach has overlooked her left-handedness and stuck her at 2nd base, and she spends some time on the rubber so its a good fit for her.

If your budget is -$100 i say get it. You wont find a better quality glove at this price, especially for a small hand.

Apr 26, 2015
It arrived yesterday. Quality is what you expect from an A2000, excellent. Nice stiff leather that should hold its shape once its broken in. Im not a fan of the velcro strap, but it seems servicable. Im guessing the finger stalls are small because I couldnt get my hand in it with the strap undone! Small wrist and skinny fingers required! Its only a 12" pattern, usually for pitcher or infield. Id like to use a suitcase in the outfield, but this will work fine for teenagers. My daughters coach has overlooked her left-handedness and stuck her at 2nd base, and she spends some time on the rubber so its a good fit for her.

If your budget is -$100 i say get it. You wont find a better quality glove at this price, especially for a small hand.

Thank you! Sounds like a winner for us. DD has trouble with big gloves as she is only 76 lbs. too many gloves we've tried have been too heavy for her…

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Thank you! Sounds like a winner for us. DD has trouble with big gloves as she is only 76 lbs. too many gloves we've tried have been too heavy for her…

A2000 FP12 SS | Wilson Sporting Goods

This A2000 will be lighter than the one I ordered. It has a a 'super skin' shell. Thats a fancy name for plastic.

I wouldnt say the all leather model is a heavy glove but the super skin model is lighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck