What Softball Association Do You Favor?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Prefer USSSA by far (for reasons mentioned), but do ASA and Premier tournaments for the competition. USSSA just has the "minor league" perception around here, which is unfortunate because I feel their tournaments are run rather well. ASA tournaments remind me of spending half a day at the DMV.

(And since ASA authority is common sense challenged, I'll spell it out here. The TEAMS and the PLAYERS are the value and the reason why people play ASA. Loose the teams, and the ASA looses everything. Get your heads out of your backsides and get your act together. It isn't about you or me.)

-W

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
In the Republic of NJ I prefer the Pony sanctioned tourneys. The USSSA guy for our area runs tourneys all over the area and they are not run as well. Amenities and fields are not as well looked after. They do a better job with the online scoring. PONY does not provide that and often it is days before you hear who won if you didn't hang around to the finish. ASA is a non factor.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
South Florida is USSSA first and almost everything is sanctioned in travel ball with them... then some ASA then some other random orgs.

To expand on the above. I too am in S FL. USSSA is very well organized and is a lot of fun
especially in the 12U and under ages. Once girls decide they are serious about the sport (HS age)
then it is a strict diet of ASA and exposure tournaments. There are not as many local ASA tourneys but these
are the tournaments where the teams are challenging. It is rare that you see weakness in
the ASA circuit, softball is more pure, faster and fun to watch

Apr 1, 2010
In the Kansas City area, ASA and USSSA both have a lot of tournaments. DD's team last year played mostly USSSA with a few ASA. Her team the year before played mostly ASA with a few USSSA. I'd say the best umps I've seen have been at USSSA tourneys, but you can get bad or good with either organization. IMO the biggest factor in how smoothly a tournament goes is the weather and neither of them can control that.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Here it is mostly USSSA and ASA, Premier is starting to kick off pretty well.

Just got back from the USSSA World Series in Orlando and it was awesome!

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
In Ca my daughter's team plays mostly PGF and a few ASA. We do have to travel 5 1/2 hours almost every weekend fall and summer seasons though. Good competition in ASA as long as there is no PGF event going on, PGF has the top teams competing consistently. PGF Nationals were run really well at the gold level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06