What now?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
WTH, I am sitting at home on a Saturday morning during the fall season. I don't think we realized the extent our lives revolved around softball until my DD was forced to take the season off. My DD and I are going to watch her friend and cousin play today. I hate to think that I will become a stalker of tournaments next year when my DD no longer plays. I need to remember what the hell I did before sports took over our lives. Our oldest is 28 and he started baseball at 4, that is 24 years! Maybe I never had a life out side of my kids athletic endeavors. That's sad....Sorry to ramble but I am at a loss. We have 11 months to figure it out I guess.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No problem with game stalking. I do the same thing. I guess some men go to bars, some to strip clubs..................I go to ball games. Softball and baseball mostly.

Heck, when we go on vacation the wife and DD may have a day of shopping ( girl time ). "What are you going to do dad"? Me, "I think I saw a ball field on the way into town, might just stop by for a minute". DD just rolls her eyes, she knows I'll be there for hours.

A couple of my players have younger sisters just getting started 8u and 10u. I have been asked to AC after DD's senior year this summer. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Jan 25, 2011
Take, your passion for softball and start over. There always is a rec. org. looking for someone with experience. You are what these young ladies need, to grow this sport even more. My dd is only 13yr old, but I'm already think about the future. It is not the end but the a start of something new, maybe you and your dd's can coach together, starting a new chapter in softball with them. Just an idea good luck.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
LOL, a buddy and I are threatening to start a team when the DDs go to college. Maybe take over the local rec league and run it my way.....(insert mad scientist laugh)

Jun 12, 2012
I hate to think that I will become a stalker of tournaments next year when my DD no longer plays.

Oldest DD (18u) had a scrimmage today. Parents of twins who graduated in June (and are now both at D1 schools) came out to watch the games. They said, "we didn't know what to do-our girls don't start playing for two weeks." Gotta love a softball parent!

Have more kids to get started in the sport...I have a big gap between DD and her sibs (10 years). My son should start T-ball soon and youngest DD will be getting an indoctrination to SB in a couple of years. That way you have a supply of watching thrills for years to come.

Of course, it sets back the child-free freedom back a few years and you look like hell all of the time, but worth every minute.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
LOL I even saw a couple that watched their DD play from 10U to 18G, she went to a local College and they watched her there too. She got injured and couldn't play anymore and started AC of a 14U team... Guess who came to watch? NOW that is how I am going to be hahaha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse