What is under the tree this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Kids just want cash. Gone are the years of tasseled bikes and Bionicles hanging from the branches.

DD already got a full set of All-Star storm trooper gear in August, so hers could be a roll of nickels.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD normally gets 1 "big" present, a couple of smaller presents and some stocking stuffers. The big and smaller presents usually revolve around SB. However, this year, through an extremely fortuitous set of circumstances, DD got her big Christmas present yesterday. It didn't cost nearly as much initially as others but will cost me an exorbitant amount over the long run, sort of like DD. Yes, I am talking about a new puppy. The local Dog Pound is around the corner from us and I pass it several times a day. Yesterday, as I was driving by, I saw the volunteers walking the dogs along the roadside and sidewalk. I happened to see what I call a "mop dog." Any small dog, around 8 lbs. or so you can put a stick in his/her butt and use to mop the floor, qualifies in my book. You know what I'm talking about....breeds like the Asa-Lhapso, Yorky Terrier, Shi-Tzus, Maltese, etc.etc. Anyway, I laid on the brakes, pulled in and adopted a 3 month old Malshi (Maltese-Shi-Tzu mix). Way too cute, thankfully, since DW would have killed me otherwise. This is dog number 3 mind you and we live in a small Cape Cod on less than a 1/4 acre.

The rest of DD's presents will probably consist of DVD movies, some clothes, and a XBOX Live card for her new XBOX360 that Grandpa and his wife are buying her for Christmas.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Mal-shi does sound better than Shi-teze.

Yes it does!;) The funny thing is, when I went to adopt him, I found out that the previous owner had him AKC registered before passing away suddenly. Apparently the AKC is recognizing new mixed breeds as "purebred" such as the Malshi, Morkie, and several others.

Sep 18, 2011
A two week family vacation to Mazatlan. To get the hell out of the arctic, we're willing to take our chances with the cartel.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
DD will get new batting gloves, cleats, and a mouth guard. Otherwise, she wants clothes.

She has several winter camps/clinics lined up. She has a habit of "needing" new hoodies and sweat pants from every college campus she visits.

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
A two week family vacation to Mazatlan. To get the hell out of the arctic, we're willing to take our chances with the cartel.

We go to Mazatlan almost every winter too. Family has a condo there. I love it. Stay away from down town at night and you are fine. We are going in late Feb. Yourself?

Every day is Christmas for my girls. If they need it or I want it bad enough we get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028