What do you see...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Move that workbench behind your DD. Might change her hand set and allow her to get some seperation/stretch?

Apr 25, 2010
Shoot a better video, have her dress atheletically & provide a better hitting environment.

Unfortunately, I have limited resources. We are in a garage, she is wearing sweats, and we live in Ohio, so it's not like it's warm. The garage is what it is. We rent, so I can't change where the workbench is or modify the structure in any way. I live in a softball dead zone, so I would have to drive 30 minutes and fork out more money to take her elsewhere. Right now, that is just not possible. I don't own a video camera, so the video on my phone is as good as it gets.

And you say her head is moving. Specifically, how do you propose to fix that?

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or
Just adding more light will help things a lot, your phone will take better video with more lights. if you have some bright lamps you could move out there it would help the quality and view-ability of the video. A stocking cap instead of a hood might help as well. We do a lot in our garage so appreciate the restrictions that can present.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Unfortunately, I have limited resources. We are in a garage, she is wearing sweats, and we live in Ohio, so it's not like it's warm. The garage is what it is. We rent, so I can't change where the workbench is or modify the structure in any way. I live in a softball dead zone, so I would have to drive 30 minutes and fork out more money to take her elsewhere. Right now, that is just not possible. I don't own a video camera, so the video on my phone is as good as it gets.

And you say her head is moving. Specifically, how do you propose to fix that?

I am sorry about my post. I was unaware of your situation. I was only pointing out maybe (work bench) was something missed thats all. I live in PA so I understand the cold garage and why the attire.I am your average dad such as yourself. I too have limit resources (per the wife) and because of this site and a couple of others, I feel the best hitting coaches (not including my name in this statement) post on these site. So why go anywhere else, right. I think with your DD I would start at the bottom from stance, knee cock, coil and stride. I would work on that first. My DD is 14u old and I have posted on this site lots of videos of our journey together. Alot of good suggestions by other posters on what I should work on. You can seee how we started and where we are at now. I have learned alot and I luv to share.

Apr 25, 2010
rdbass, I wasn't jumping on you...lol. I was just explaining where I'm at as far as environmental changes. Are you in Eastern, Central, or Western PA? It would be interesting if we come across you sometime.

I guess I need things explained in 8th grade English. How would you teach her about knee cock, coil and stride?

p.s. I'm a mom :p

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I believe AD is speaking of this "all back together" type of action.

34q4tjc.gif

You can see how it isn't the lower body that gets moving, but the upper body.

Not sure about this "bear squat" action. Her body seems to quickly reject it. Why do it in the first place?

6gx6he.gif

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01