What do you do to stop your DD from becoming a princess?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Thanks for the insight- I knew those of you who had been down the road already would understand and know where the potholes were!
Great stuff, thank you!

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I'm gonna sound like a jerk but no softer way of saying this ?

Does she get this from her parents?

As adults we say things out loud that sometimes come across negative. Maybe things we're said in the past and now she's growing into a mom or dad personality ?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
How many times have you told your daughter after a loss, bad game or error..."Its not your fault, so and so should have made this play or that play or should have gotten a hit or the pitcher should have done better. Somebody else has to play well to win besides just you" ?

Just wondering

Apr 17, 2014
Ross Ohio
Both me and my daughter have a back ground in martial arts so at a very young age she learned to respect others. Also being in that type of physical enviroment it can be very humbling. Along with her mother and I we tend to call her out on her BS.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I like the idea of putting her on a team where her talent is in the lower half of the girls. My best advice would be to find a girl like Casey my daughter who is a senior in college.
When my 9 year olds up through high school girls come over for a lesson, Casey helps me when she can. They listen to her with wide open eyes.
Have an older girl mentor her. That will take some pressure off of you and really help her get the thinking straight.

SL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1