What do you call it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
Mine did it several times. She was a freshman and her HS and several others had Freshman teams. Basically just rec teams for girls that never had played softball before. My DD was forced to pitch for this team because there were no other pitchers.
It was a joke but she was paying her dues in HS politics.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
With the assistance of infilders and outfielders - no batter reach 1st base successfuly. That is considered pitching 'A perfect game". I had a double handful of these in my years.

All batters struck out, no batter leaves the batter's box. No assistance from any other infilders or outfielders - This is referred to as 'A pitcher's perfect game', extremely rare. I had 2 of these that I recall.

Dec 7, 2011
Honest-Abe CoachFP (holding up my left hand with my right over my heart), after two years I truly just wanted to know what it was called,.... if it even had a name.

My roostering on it was over about 6 months ago... ;-)

Dec 7, 2011
and to continue on with my open honesty to my new friends => Yes,..... Yours truly was coaching that season (my last year coaching). I DID have that correct reaction about 2.5 innings in that DD should be pulled. But you should have seen the eyes on the DD when I mentioned it. Daddy-part took over and the coach-part dropped like a rock. This is when I decided there would be no more daddy-coach for me.....

It was the semi-final game though if it's any consolation :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I wouldn't have pulled her, either. That is like telling someone not to make that triple play. Congratulations. In MLB you would never pull the pitcher in this situation. Unless she was 14 and playing against 12s, I don't see the problem. It may never happen, again.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I've only had one "perfect game" as a FP coach. Funny thing is that my #3 pitcher got it. It was all due to the defense, one of those games where they hit everything right to us. It was the "if" championship game and both my aces were out of gas. I'll never forget that day. our first year in 12u. Man I miss how sweet and loving they are at that age. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06