What do you call it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Bobbyb why would you play in a B tournament anyway if you had a higher level team?
:) Again..that is a contextual shift…so I don't understand the relevance of the question. However…I did not say I would…and neither did the OP.

From my limited view of TB (the areas we participate in). We have seen varying degrees of ability up and down each level of play at each age group we have been in. Some tournaments in our area become a hodge podge of varying levels of ability of mixing with A/B/C etc. So sometimes its going to happen where you dominate more…just like sometimes you get dominated.

Yes..our TB coach would of pulled dd… if we were whipping them with pitching and bats. Our HS coach wouldn't of though…never pulled my dd this season…for what ever reason regardless of competition level or score.

I would bet most of the TOP LEVEL players have some memories that mean something to them that were against inferior talent. I don't see how they couldn't when they were kids. It may not mean as much to them as when they beat UCLA in college…but not many kids get to have that memory. Its like when our team finally beats a team we haven't beat before. I wouldn't want them to not enjoy it cause that team wasn't a A GOLD team.

I am curious to hear what you would of said...so I will ask you a question.
What would of you said as a dad… to your 13 or 14 yr old dd….if a coach left her in a game against anyone…and she struck out 21 batters?

Jun 20, 2008
:)
I am curious to hear what you would of said...so I will ask you a question.
What would of you said as a dad… to your 13 or 14 yr old dd….if a coach left her in a game against anyone…and she struck out 21 batters?

Good Job sweetie, but those were not the best batters, so don't think too much of it.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
bobbyb, it would have depended on how well she pitched. If she threw the ball with command and location and mixed pitches well I would have said good game. If she threw that ball all over the place and the only reason she got strikeouts is because the other team sucked I would have said that you need to get better to beat better teams.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Playing down and whipping up teams and then bragging about it is for insecure people.

Boise State University football supporters are probably a little miffed at you right now since this is exactly what came back and bit them in the butt this year...but the girl who pitches such a game against inferior talent already knows that she's not pitching against the 1927 Yankees so "nice game" or "way to hit your spots" would seem to be appropriate.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Boise State University football supporters are probably a little miffed at you right now since this is exactly what came back and bit them in the butt this year...
Well that and losing to TCU. Only costly them about $10M so no big deal right? Good thing they redrew the maps and put Idaho on the east coast next year so they can shoot for the AQ bid.

I am not a BSU supporter for the record.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
bobbyb, it would have depended on how well she pitched. If she threw the ball with command and location and mixed pitches well I would have said good game.

Thats great CoachFP! I was starting to think you might of grounded her for not insisting the coach take her out !:) jk

I like being realistic with dd...you have to be. I personally choose to have the lesson that I want her learn or realize... about a game done at my own time. If she is smiling even if she is over basking in it...i let her enjoy....i let it be and see if she comes up with the realization first. If not we talk about it at our next practice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG