Wanted: Opinions on Best Bat for Smallish 10U Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2010
North Louisiana
Player is 4 foot 5 inches, just under 70 lbs. Good athlete but needs a lighter bat to get around on better pitchers in Louisiana travel ball.

Trying to find one with balance and large sweet spot.

Suggestions appreciated on both size and brand.

Thanks!

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
My DD is a 10U player even smaller than yours. I just got her a Miken Halo Light 29/16.5. It is very hot and we've definitely noticed the difference

A lot of posters on here will tell you that big drops are a bad idea and for good reason. However, for my small DD the drop lets her get around on the ball without having to go to a super short bat. Also, looked at the Easton Synge, its a -11.5, some of her friends have it and like it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
I was going to suggest the pink Halo Light in 29/17. A player on DD's team had it in 30/18 and it was pretty hot. DD has a Lisa Fernandez Combat in -12; it's pretty nice, but I think you'll get a better deal on the older Halo now that a newer one (purple) is out. At the same price, I'd take the Halo over the Combat.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
I was able to get the new purple Halo Light for $85 on ebay, new with receipt. I've seen great ebay deals on the Synge too.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
I was surprised as well. I thought it would get bid much higher. I wonder if its because its late season/off season especially for Rec leagues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck