Vision Training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I am interested in some vision training for my daughter. These are some of the ones I am considering. I am interested in the products people have used and their thoughts. My daughter has been using Flash Focus, but I am looking for something better?

SlowTheGameDown
Sports Vision Performance Training - Visual Fitness by Vizual Edge
Baseball Vision Program
We use some of the drills in this program. DD has Flash Focus but never uses it. She really loves doing the tennis ball bounce drills and ring tosses etc... We do them about 3 times a week as part of our warm ups. When she was injured and out for awhile earlier this year we did them every day and when she came back her fielding at 3rd base was better than ever. I'd love to hear about how effective the other programs are.

Dec 25, 2013
Chicago
Merry Christmas!

Visual performance success is critical to winning. That's why we had the Vizual Edge method scientifically tested. In a study by Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, TX, they investigated the attitudes and perceptions of college softball players that participated in Vizual Edge Performance Training (VEPT), a software program designed to enhance visual skills.

Results from the survey indicated that 100 percent of the subjects agreed or strongly agreed that visual skills play an important role in softball performance, while 87% believed that VEPT actually enhanced those skills (13% were undecided due to limited training time). In addition, 73% believed that VEPT improved their performance during this study and it took an average of 2.5 weeks for them to notice such improvements. As a group, 79% believed that VEPT increased their ability to “focus”, 74% felt the visual practice improved their concentration, and 73% agreed the training augmented their ability to “see” the ball. In addition, 33% reported more consistency, 67% believed batting results increased, 66% felt their fielding improved, and 67% reported superior balance.

You can review the full study here:
PERCEPTIONS AND ATTITUDES OF COLLEGE SOFTBALL PLAYERS PARTICIPATING IN VEPT

There is also a page on the Vizual Edge about Softball. If you have any specific question regarding the science of improving your vision to be more successful in softball, I will be happy to answer them.

What would you like to know?

Sincerely,

Dr. Barry Seiller
Founder, Vizual Edge
info@vizualedge.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp