Vinci Optimus Series JS ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Anyone own one of these gloves, if so what do you think about it just in general. Is it true to size or does it play smaller/bigger. How is the hand stall is it made for a normal size female hand or more like the size of a grown man.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anyone own one of these gloves, if so what do you think about it just in general. Is it true to size or does it play smaller/bigger. How is the hand stall is it made for a normal size female hand or more like the size of a grown man.

Not familiar with the JS designation? I had Anna a custom made when she was 12, they used the body / frame from a 12” Tan Kip JSJS glove model, or so I was told?

She used it for over three years, it was a fantastic glove, that Tan Kip was great, it’s the best Vinci glove I’ve ever personally handled, and I’ve handled a lot.

It was a great infield pattern, broke in round and deep, I’ve commented many times it was our Vinci Pro1000. Hand stall was middle of the road size wise, of course the wrist closure was laced to the smaller / snuggest size and she made it work.

Couple of Vinci….issues.

~Inside palm and finger liners are somewhat delicate, fingernails will definitely cut the finger stall leather.

~Laces suck!

~Rolled welting sucks!

Other than those three things, pretty solid glove. And don’t want to bust your bubble, I’d buy a Don Morton Pro1000 over this Vinci everyday of the week….this coming from someone who’s had them both!

Although a Pro1000 would be my top choice, I’d honestly order a custom Gloveworks in Pro-Steerhide over a Vinci right now.

Feb 14, 2019
I’d honestly order a custom Gloveworks in Pro-Steerhide
I've never handled one of their gloves before and information on the website is sparse...What's the difference in their Original Spec vs Asian Spec options on the custom glove builder?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've never handled one of their gloves before and information on the website is sparse...What's the difference in their Original Spec vs Asian Spec options on the custom glove builder?
Both GW and Vinci's websites both leave much to be desired!
Gloveworks
Original spec
Gloveworks
Asia spec
Gloveworks
Softball spec
Code#
コード
GOGAGS
Thumb Loop
親指かけ
Short
ショートバンド方式
2本掛け
Long
ロングバンド方式
3本掛け
Short (No pinky loop)
ショートバンド方式
2本掛け
Double heel lace
ヨコトジダブル
No
ヨコトジ
Yes
ヨコトジダブル
No
ヨコトジ
Weight
(adjustable)
Mid
ミドルウェイト
Light
ライトウェイト
Mid
ミドルウェイト
Catcher
キャッチャー
Closed back
ライナーバック
N/AOpen back with wide H-web
オープンバック&ワイドHウェブ
GO is the original spec and
GA is a Asian spec.
We'll use a 12" glove for example.

Gloveworks Original Pattern

12” GO94
Single and double welting
Deep pocket
Round heel shape

The Gloveworks Original (GO) Patterns include the following details to make a good all-around glove for many players, positions, and sizes:

• Normal pocket size for most players
  • Ideally suited shape for baseball
  • Regular thumb and pinky loops
  • No extra heel lace
  • Thick, sturdy leather

Gloveworks Asian Pattern

**12” GA94
Lightweight design
Single welting
Normal pocket
**_____ heel shape

The Gloveworks Asian (GA) Patterns include these unique details to make a glove ideally suited to high-level players, and those on their way there!

• Wide pocket design (extra width between index and middle finger)
  • Heel design is wider and flatter
  • Long thumb loops with extra tie near tip of thumb
  • Mid-heel lace
  • Lighter leather construction for superior feel and control
Hopefully this helps?

May 18, 2022
I got my daughter a optimus this spring and it's a decent glove, my coworker just got his GW pro steerhide yesterday and I definitely prefer it to the optimus. He did Arkansas colors with the razorback embroidered on the wrist, it's going to end up on display and he's going to order another one to actually use.

My sons GW first base mitt should have been delivered today, I can't wait to check it out.
PXL_20230304_212451989.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It sounds like the softball gloves have a deeper pocket with an opt-out for velcro. Do you know of any reason to believe the softball gloves are inferior to their baseball gloves?
I don't, although I've only had that one 12.25" baseball glove I posted. I think the Pro-Steerhide would be the same in both, plus the palm liner is the same leather as the shell. To me the real key is that heavy duty split welting which you have to special request upon ordering. The split welting was better on that glove than any SMU or custom Rawlings I've ever had, it was very impressive!

Jan 16, 2020
While my DD is now strictly Marucci, she does have a GW Pro Steerhide that is currently her backup. She says the leather is "too slick". Honestly for the money, they are hard to beat.

May 25, 2021
Do a little thread hijacking here...my daughter is currently on the hunt for a glove to get her through the next 4 years. She made some money during the wheat harvest and is eager to spend it. Her current favorite is this one
How would the Gloveworks glove compare? Her big concern when I showed her was the wrist lining looks like it would end up just clumping up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00