View-Thru Fence Mount for Cameras

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2016
I have the LynkSpyder which I tried to use in multiple configurations, but found it to be bulky and obstruct a bit of a view depending on where you mount it. I prefer mounting it at batters level a little bit to the left...

Then I decided to buy the fenceclip and I love it. It is very small and compact. The only downside is that you are not able to use medium or wide field of view in the camera because of the distance of the camera lens to the fence, you end up getting the fence. To correct that, I had installed an articulated adapter that allows me to get the camera closer to the fence.

Photos below, although I have a very different configuration now that allows me to use the external mic I was able to use with the lynkfence.

I'll post some photos of my latest rig configuration later.

5aa551db03120bd7e72e79f1b18bd645.jpg

3926fc691df036e14a32fa3076e98b01.jpg

a9dd2cd505d30d6b82c5ced2d060386b.jpg

04fc2208e8e1254a9a3ddac478378f57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Then I decided to buy the fenceclip and I love it. It is very small and compact. The only downside is that you are not able to use medium or wide field of view in the camera because of the distance of the camera lens to the fence, you end up getting the fence. To correct that, I had installed an articulated adapter that allows me to get the camera closer to the fence.

Good info. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2016
Some photos of my new rig. It has a custom made adapter for a REMOVU display, which allows me now to use the external mic. In addition, you can see the articulated mount. If you noticed, the fenceclip is upside down from the recommended mount. It works better with the articulated mount and it work just as well...

GoPro Rig for Link Fence Mount by santirx macan, on Flickr

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's one hell of a rig. So much for "simple"! LOL

As a musician and recording hack, I love the X-Y mic add-on. Sweet!

Jun 12, 2015
Wow, fancy! I want a microphone that can point towards the field and get the game sounds. Usually when I post videos I take out the sound since it's mostly just whoever is standing by the camera blabbing (often me).

Aug 5, 2016
Wow, fancy! I want a microphone that can point towards the field and get the game sounds. Usually when I post videos I take out the sound since it's mostly just whoever is standing by the camera blabbing (often me).

The Polsen mic kit I have has the X-Y that you see in the photo and also has the directional, more focused mic.

e0f9c0d96f28e7204b644b41c1368029.png

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2016
I also modified the skeleton housing of my GoPro.

When mounting, I place the GoPro lens through the link fence (not enough that will stick out, but enough that will still leave the camera lens protected if a ball hits it). When located in that position, the skeleton housing has a very pronounced and protruding button on the front of the GoPro that sits too close to the fence wire. See photo:

b909cbe7e356ae49547e0517ebdc7d3e.png

Anytime a ball hits the fence, I ended up with the camera being turned off. So I rip the button off and drilled a hole. Now the on/off button of the camera is recessed but still reachable. See photo:

0d9fe56a070397b23fdc60c2b8646b55.png

Some lessons that I learned the hard way that I wanted to share... ;-)

PS... You can do this on a skeleton housing that has openings everywhere. You can't do it with the water proof housing, for obvious reasons...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13