View-Thru Fence Mount for Cameras

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2016
Again I'll ask, how does that set up work on mesh backstop fence? Just curious. I like the external mic set up. Does it work with the GoPro by itself?

I haven't had my DD played on fields with backstop mesh, but when she does, I still have the LynkSpyder which you can mount on the mesh. No way to mount an external mic if you use the lynkSpyder mount on mesh because you have a small hole where only the GoPro lens will fit. When that time comes, I would be OK with the limiting capabilities. I always carry both mounts in my bag, because one never knows the conditions of what you are going to find. I also have a lot of mounting configurations to adapt to any situation.

For link fence, I'll go with the fenceclip. Less intrusive and easier to mount. Fenceclip will only work on link fence.

As far as the external mic, yes, you connect it directly to the camera USB port that is also used for charging. This is why I also have the external battery BacPac that has an additional USB port which I use with a portable charger for continued power supply. I can record more than 10 full games without recharging with that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I haven't had my DD played on fields with backstop mesh, but when she does, I still have the LynkSpyder which you can mount on the mesh. No way to mount an external mic if you use the lynkSpyder mount on mesh because you have a small hole where only the GoPro lens will fit. When that time comes, I would be OK with the limiting capabilities. I always carry both mounts in my bag, because one never knows the conditions of what you are going to find. I also have a lot of mounting configurations to adapt to any situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have received more interest from colleges in the last year; most of which use netting. We have tested and proven a process and will be releasing (once we sort out some items, not the least of which is figure out the best way to mass produce it) an accessory to ruggedize our bracket for netting. I will investigate what it takes to allow for some small holes for microphone usage.

Jun 12, 2015
We have received more interest from colleges in the last year; most of which use netting. We have tested and proven a process and will be releasing (once we sort out some items, not the least of which is figure out the best way to mass produce it) an accessory to ruggedize our bracket for netting. I will investigate what it takes to allow for some small holes for microphone usage.

That's exciting. We do a fundraiser at GSU and they have netting so it's hard to get good video.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I use the current bracket pulling away from, instead of into, the bracket on mesh netting. Only issue I have now is if it's very windy and the netting swings. Then I just have to move the bracket/camera closer to when the netting is tightest.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I use the current bracket pulling away from, instead of into, the bracket on mesh netting. Only issue I have now is if it's very windy and the netting swings. Then I just have to move the bracket/camera closer to when the netting is tightest.

I keep bungees with me. If the net is loose and it is windy, a bungee clipped to the net on one end and clipped to something solid on the other end (usually one of the nearby support poles).

Aug 5, 2016

Josh,

If I may, I would like to offer a suggestion for your product after an experience I had.

In one of my DD's games, I mounted the LynkSpyder as I always do, and the sun was hitting it directly and reflecting it very badly. So much that I had to take it down, because I was afraid it was blinding the pitcher or other players. That same day, I attempted to paint the surface that face the pitcher black (which is difficult considering that is stainless steel)... well, I did my best, and when I mounted it the next day it basically disappeared from view (like camouflage), which is good, that is what you want... to be as less intrusive as possible.

So... my recommendation is to paint or edge the forward facing surface black.

I do like the LynkSpyder for certain applications and continue to use it when practical, because it is more universal than the fence clip. If only would allow me to use my whole rig (external mic, etc), I would probably be using it more. It is a good product, though.

Regards.

Jul 17, 2016
For nets, I just use one of these on the pole, and have a velco "leash" wrapped around just in case it gets hit and knocked free. So far, all that has happened is that a hit tilted the camera without knocking the tripod off the magnet.

I doesn't sway, because it's not connected to the net. And often, the're a bit of space between the net and pole to stick the camera lens to get an unobstructed view.

1319765_915_alt1.jpg

L.J

Sep 22, 2021
I know that there are several "LynkSpyder" users here as well as the owner, but has anyone used this mount before? Pros and Cons?

The main question would be if it stays put I guess. There's no reason to think that it wouldn't work other than that. It appears to have a single knob to tighten it down. It spans one square opening of fence.

For half the price, it seems a question worth asking.

http://www.view-thru.com/
I know that there are several "LynkSpyder" users here as well as the owner, but has anyone used this mount before? Pros and Cons?

The main question would be if it stays put I guess. There's no reason to think that it wouldn't work other than that. It appears to have a single knob to tighten it down. It spans one square opening of fence.

For half the price, it seems a question worth asking.

http://www.view-thru.com/
It’s interesting when you go to the View-thru link it takes you to the lynkspyder site.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
It’s interesting when you go to the View-thru link it takes you to the lynkspyder site.
Yea, I don't feel great about it. But there are off shore entities that are scooping up orphaned domains related to the business. We bought the domain when it expired to keep it domestic. If the general opinion is that is bad form, we can point it somewhere else.

Jul 4, 2013
I love my View-Thru Mount (and my Lynkspyder), but I can't think of a better place for it to point than Lynkspyder. As far as I can tell, View-Thru doesn't exist anymore. No one works harder to help us video softball games than Josh Greer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28