Video Camera Help.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2013
It is time that I buy a real HD video camera. I really do not want to spend more than 500, including any add ons (I probably will in the future, but I need to start somewhere.) Has there been a thread covering this, that I couldn't find, or is there a good resource for comparing what would work for my purpose. Basically, I want to be able to put together a video for my freshman DD. Her skill set is to the point, that I am beginning to think she may be able to play at the next level, and I want to give her a good first impression.

TIA

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If you are going to mount a camera on a tripod to record skills videos and/or need deep zoom capabilities, I would recommend the Panasonic HC-V770. But it is right at your max budget. Great specs and excellent quality:
Panasonic Panasonic HC-V770 HD Flash Memory Camcorder Black HCV770K - Best Buy

If you are going to mount a camera on or near the fence, I would suggest the GoPro HERO5 Black. It us under your budget and will allow room for some accessories that you will need; most specifically, an external battery. The GoPro internal batteries are small (because the camera is small), and they only last for about an hour and a half. GoPro cameras are not as flexible as true camcorders. They don't have an easily selected zoom. Rather they have multiple "Fields of View" which vary from wide to narrow, and have a couple options in between. But they take great video and fit in your pocket:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-hero5-black-4k-action-camera/5579154.p?skuId=5579154

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I give up on giving you easy to use links. Somewhere along the lines, DFP instituted secure only links. Sounds good in theory, but means the majority of internet sites are not compatible. You will need to google the model numbers. Sorry....I tried.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321