Video Apps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2012
Texas
With so many different video apps out there I wanted to get some opinions on the ones you have used. The pros the cons and all that would be greatly appreciated.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Copied from a previous post:
I use Ubersense when I use my iPad and Coach's Eye when using my Android phone. Both are great apps. I lean to Coach's Eye more only because I have my phone more readily available than the tablet. Both are only as good as the camera on your device. I will say that I now mainly use the app to import GoPro video instead of using the native device camera. I mount the GoPro on the cage netting with a LynkSpyder. Then I control the camera with the phone via wireless. When I need to show my players something, a quick import only takes seconds and the quality of the camera can freeze the action (when enough light is available).

Here's that post:
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/17908-coachs-eye-app.html

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
With so many different video apps out there I wanted to get some opinions on the ones you have used. The pros the cons and all that would be greatly appreciated.

The Iphone 6 to capture video coupled with Kinovea to review is all I need for technical analysis. That 240FPS with good natural lighting will give you absolutely no blur for any softball actions. The only con is that I do not have a means to mount is when doing general workouts, i need some sort of IPHONE tripod.

May 4, 2014
So Cal
Im really enjoying the ZEPP application - it lets you record video even if you dont buy the sensor

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
The Iphone 6 to capture video coupled with Kinovea to review is all I need for technical analysis. That 240FPS with good natural lighting will give you absolutely no blur for any softball actions. The only con is that I do not have a means to mount is when doing general workouts, i need some sort of IPHONE tripod.

For your iphone, check out a product from a company called RetiCAM. Great tripod mountable clamp for many different phones. We mount this to our fence bracket when we want a phone on the fence for streaming games.

Here's the link on our facebook page. The links to the clamp and the mini ball head are in the comments section. If mounting to a tripod, the ball head probably isn't needed (but useful):
LynkSpyder FaceBook Post showing RetiCAM clamp

Picture of the clamp and mini ball head on our bracket:
RetiCAM Phone Mount.JPG

Apr 28, 2015
I use both Zepp and Ubersense. I have Coach's Eye as well, but I have been told by the Coach's Eye people that the app does not play nice with Samsung regarding sharing videos (which I've experienced firsthand). It's a shame because I really like recording "analysis" vids. Would be nice to send for players to watch on their own.

I have had no issues with sharing Ubersense vids with my players.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Zepp (no sensor) and Ubersense, along with SloPro for my iPhone 5/iPad Mini. I prefer Uber over Zepp in general, love pulling pro videos for comparing in Zepp though. I really like SloPro for slowing the action waaaaay down, but you need really good light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877