Usssa web site player stats. Subs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
A team Dd subbed for wasn't very good. They added her to the
rooster because she wasn't on a team at the time. Her stats are showing
that she has played 13 tournaments and actually she's only played a
handful ever. Is it possible the team she subbed 1 tournament for they're whole
season is attached to her? Her stats look terrible because the team lost
pretty much all season I guess. I tried to review her history and I can't
figure it all out. I have been calling and e-mailing to have it looked at.

Have any of you noticed any player stat problems? When adding kids to
rooster for subs does this happen? I could kick myself for having her sub.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
It depends on the sanction and what type of tournament the team is playing in. In most sanctions, once a team plays in a national qualifier, the roster becomes set. However, if the team has a sub, they should not be added to the roster. It could have been a simple mistake if you want to give the coach the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, it may have been a more intentional attempt to bolster team stats although I can't really see how one player and one tournament would do that unless they had multiple girls sub under your DD's name. If so, that's a big no-no and the coach may get some grief about it.

Find your local, regional or state USSSA director and call him or her to explain the situation. Personally, I would just say that DD was unintentionally added to this teams roster and she only played 1 tournament over dates xxx-xxx. Say you'd appreciate not only being removed from the roster but haver her stats cleared from the database. If they find more stats than the one weekend, then that was not your DD. The more local the director the better IMO. I have yet to find one that was unwilling to help.

Jun 8, 2016
A team Dd subbed for wasn't very good. They added her to the
rooster because she wasn't on a team at the time. Her stats are showing
that she has played 13 tournaments and actually she's only played a
handful ever. Is it possible the team she subbed 1 tournament for they're whole
season is attached to her? Her stats look terrible because the team lost
pretty much all season I guess. I tried to review her history and I can't
figure it all out. I have been calling and e-mailing to have it looked at.

Have any of you noticed any player stat problems? When adding kids to
rooster for subs does this happen? I could kick myself for having her sub.
When you say stats, you really are just talking about team stats right? In other words W/L record, number tournaments placed in, etc. I don't see any individual player stats on USSSA, e.g. BA, etc. In any case I think what you saw is typical and at the end of the day why does it really matter? Nobody recruiting your kid is going to care what her USSSA W/L record was...

Apr 6, 2017
Pattar it’s under the player stats. It shows she’s played a whole bunch of games and a lot of losses. I’m not sure how much it matters but it looks terrible. I just want it to be correct. Hopefully I’ll get a e-mail or call today explaining what happened.
The area director kind of acted like it wasn’t a big deal. Not sure I feel the same way yet. He
said he didn’t think he could change it. The state director is now looking into it.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar it’s under the player stats. It shows she’s played a whole bunch of games and a lot of losses. I’m not sure how much it matters but it looks terrible.
I realize it is under player stats, but it just shows team W/L, etc. It is a team game, she could have hit .800 with 20 HR in those
games, so yes it doesn't matter. I wouldn't worry about it...

Nov 18, 2013
My suggestion would be not to worry about it. Nobody looks at those or treats them as “stats”. When your daughter subbed, they added her to the roster. Now she shows up as part of the team in all their games. I’m sure nothing improper was done.

Its good for her to play and meet new kids. Don’t let meaningless stats take that away. You’ll find throughout her career stats will often be wrong. Her play on the field will speak for itself.

May 20, 2016
Once you are put on a roster you stay there until the coach removes you from it. Really wouldn't sweat it though, doubt anyone would be checking to see stats of a player and form an opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi