usssa rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I have entered my team (14u) in a USSSA tournament for next weekend. can anyone give me the short version of rules that would differ from ASA tournaments? Thanks

Feb 19, 2009
I think they're mostly the same with the exception of pitching. A pitcher in USSSA doesn't have to have both feet on the rubber, they still have to have both feet within the width of the rubber but they can start with their stride foot further back and off the rubber.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
check out the courtesy runners rule, and BASED on the tourny, sometimes we've played USSSA in Richmond and had UNLIMITED defense changes.
** ALSO, someone needs to confirm that the ASA eligable Bat rules are SAME for USSSA

Jan 15, 2009
Main differences I saw were roster rules

ASA DP/flex = USSSA DH/flex
USSSA has up to two allowable AP who are in the batting lineup and free to sub into field

So even if they aren't allowing unlimited substitiution You can bat 11 players, and have 3 active but not batting. We did this for pool games at USSSA Nationals

Hitters
Bat 1-8
DH
AP
AP

Non-Hitters
Flex
CR catcher
CR pitcher

We did take advantage of the rock back step that is allowable in USSSA but not ASA. Our High School rules allow the rock back step as well, so girls are used to swapping back and forth with this footwork and IMO a rock back step is a huge advantage and should be used.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves