USA Women's hockey team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
In a house full of female athletes these victories are relished. Congrats to all the medalists in this years games and especially to the USA Women's Hockey Team for a huge game! First female hockey player from CO to medal in the games and having Identical twins playing on that team made it even sweeter for my girls! Gotta love Curling but had to laugh the other day when one of my twins (while watching a particularly intense match) asked how is it that this sport is so big in the Olympics yet they dropped Softball.....?

Apr 16, 2013
Is it just me or have the women really been the big movers in this year's winter olympics for Team USA? I watched the earlier hockey game between the US and Canada. Their goalie was just unstoppable. We put up twice as many shots against them as they did against us and still walked away with the win. I didn't watch expecting it to be the same outcome. :(

Tatonka, just remind your DD that softball is back in. :D Now, if only they'd give women's baseball a place too! (We have a women's Team USA for baseball!)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I absolutely hate that a championship game at this level is decided by a shootout. That's not hockey!

That said, what a freakin' awesome move to score the game-winner!! USA! USA! USA! :)

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Those girls can play some hockey. I watched every game, but last night fell asleep during the first intermission so missed the big finish. DOH. That is an extremely talented group that deserved to win. Some of them shoot out moves and shots were just filthy.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
What a great game. I'm not a hockey fan, but I really enjoyed watching last night. What an intense, riveting game. I would watch NHL if they got rid of the fighting and played like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13