Pan Am softball on TV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Do you believe that this would be a better ball to use in the US? Would it solve or at least attempt to solve any of the issues the current ball causes?
I guess it depends on which "current ball issues" you're talking about.

Personally I believe Mizuno to be the most fair ball I've pitched with. It doesn't go soft and mushy but, it also isn't as hard as a golf ball. It has a nice texture for grip and decent seams for spin. I also like the consistency of the ball's weight. With some brands, one feels light and one feels heavy. Mizuno seem pretty even.

With this being the official ball of International softball, I don't know why it's not more accessible here in the USA. Last year, when I was working with the Olympic team prior to Tokyo, I took a couple Mizuno balls home with me from the camp and gave them to a student of mine who was trying out for the U18 National team. So, she got to throw with the Mizuno ball before the tryout camp. I know she really liked the ball too. I know USA softball keeps loads of these balls for use at National team camps and tryouts but, I'm not sure where they actually buy them from.

Aug 21, 2008
GOLD medal game is on right now, Argentina Vs. Canada. Currently tied 1-1 in the T4.

USA won the Bronze by beating Cuba. And even more important is by finishing in the top 4, USA qualified for the WBSC World championship in November at New Zealand.

Aug 21, 2008
Argentina won 4-1, in a game that featured them hitting back to back to back solo HR's of Canada's Shawn Cleary, considered by many to be the best pitcher in the game. Please note, I'm saying "considered by many" not everyone. He'd be in most everyone's top 3 in the world. Either way, giving up 3 bombs in a row is not something that happens often, regardless of who's pitching.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28