Pan Am softball on TV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
For anyone interested, the 2022 Men's Pan Am championship is being held in Argentina starting on Sunday Apr 24.

Argentina is currently the #1 team in the world for men's softball, Canada is #6, USA is #8. The top 4 from this tournament qualify for the World championship in November held in Auckland New Zealand. USA has their work cut out for them, they're in the same bracket as Argentina and Canada!!! I think the World tournament will likely have a "wild card" berth for a team who didn't qualify unexpectedly. That berth will most likely go to this tournament. So, it's likely 5 teams will go to NZ. I guess we'll see.

Here's the YouTube link for games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7PDO6CCrynKPkFoOyLHOQ

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
For anyone interested, the 2022 Men's Pan Am championship is being held in Argentina starting on Sunday Apr 24.

Argentina is currently the #1 team in the world for men's softball, Canada is #6, USA is #8. The top 4 from this tournament qualify for the World championship in November held in Auckland New Zealand. USA has their work cut out for them, they're in the same bracket as Argentina and Canada!!! I think the World tournament will likely have a "wild card" berth for a team who didn't qualify unexpectedly. That berth will most likely go to this tournament. So, it's likely 5 teams will go to NZ. I guess we'll see.

Here's the YouTube link for games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7PDO6CCrynKPkFoOyLHOQ
Do you know how they will hand out the wild card berth, is that based on accumulative runs scored?

Aug 21, 2008
Do you know how they will hand out the wild card is that based on accumulative runs scored?
I don't know. I think it will go to the highest ranked team that is not qualified. That has been USA in the past, and there's a decent chance it will be again with the pool they are in.

Aug 21, 2008
What type of Bats and balls do they use in this game?
The official ball for International softball is Mizuno. They are hard to find in the USA but that's the ball used by men's and women's international softball.

The bats, I don't know. I assume any bat for fastpitch softball. Usually guys swing a 26 or 28 oz.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
The official ball for International softball is Mizuno. They are hard to find in the USA but that's the ball used by men's and women's international softball.

The bats, I don't know. I assume any bat for fastpitch softball. Usually guys swing a 26 or 28 oz.
Do you believe that this would be a better ball to use in the US? Would it solve or at least attempt to solve any of the issues the current ball causes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812