USA Jr Women's team loses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2009
Anyone else see the USA Jr Women's team lost (to Japan) in the final of the ISF World Championship in Ontario? That has to be the first time in recent memory that they lost the final!!! Aussie was 3rd I think, New Zealand 4th.

cg

Jun 18, 2010
Yes. I was also following the twitter conversation between Bustos & Hawkins. I like Bustos's fire....

bustos_twitter_zpsc964c721.png

Jun 13, 2009
They took a college team to play the best. ASA screwed the pooch when they banned NPF players.

-W

Huh? College team? NPF? You do realize this was the Junior Women's World which is 19-under, right?

Not sure what you're talking about with the NPF, ASA, etc.

cg

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Why aren't there more international players in NCAA softball (besides Canadian)? ... Are there simply not enough good international prospects at that age, or is there not much incentive for overseas players to play here?

Jul 26, 2010
I don't think there is any incentive for coaches to recruit overseas players on their limited budgets.

That may change as schools get more funds for international tuition. We're starting to see more out of state recruits in California because it makes no sense for the UC system to allow Californians tuition and it makes no sense for Californians to attend the UC system (unless they're low income).

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd