USA Elite Select Futures evals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I just mean for local tournaments. You don't see much offered here for PGF, and ASA seems to have faded away for now (still around but the real A level teams don't seem to be playing them much in our age group). Mine is 10U so I don't currently pay much attention to anything beyond 12U. I know that even the 10U teams that play high level ball travel some and play other orgs in other states. It seems like maybe USFA is making a bit of a comeback but it's hard to tell yet. We're playing a little of everything this year but we're not a high level team.

In Southeast Pennsylvania, our 10u team is playing PONY and USSSA. But the quality of teams is no different between the organizations. We'll be playing the same teams at the PONY tournaments that we'll play in the USSSA tournaments. USSSA seems to be taking over here because the ease of the registration process. I don't even know if there is a PGF tournament in this area for 10u.

Jun 12, 2015
In Southeast Pennsylvania, our 10u team is playing PONY and USSSA. But the quality of teams is no different between the organizations. We'll be playing the same teams at the PONY tournaments that we'll play in the USSSA tournaments. USSSA seems to be taking over here because the ease of the registration process. I don't even know if there is a PGF tournament in this area for 10u.

We're in that weird spot where we can't compete with the high level teams here (our defense is great; our hitting is inconsistent, and all but 1 of our pitchers is pretty new to pitching), but we're well above the low level teams. So we bounce back and forth between playing USSSA where we will almost definitely not win, and CAM and GSA where we almost definitely will. So it's like, here's your trophy this weekend to give you a confidence boost for next weekend when we get our butts handed to us. lol This weekend we're playing USFA and there are some teams we will probably beat soundly, and a couple who are pretty close to our level (one right at; one probably a little above us). It seems like a pretty good fit. We'll see. We should do better now that DD appears to be fully healed. She's our only experienced pitcher.

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
We're in that weird spot where we can't compete with the high level teams here (our defense is great; our hitting is inconsistent, and all but 1 of our pitchers is pretty new to pitching), but we're well above the low level teams. So we bounce back and forth between playing USSSA where we will almost definitely not win, and CAM and GSA where we almost definitely will. So it's like, here's your trophy this weekend to give you a confidence boost for next weekend when we get our butts handed to us. lol This weekend we're playing USFA and there are some teams we will probably beat soundly, and a couple who are pretty close to our level (one right at; one probably a little above us). It seems like a pretty good fit. We'll see. We should do better now that DD appears to be fully healed. She's our only experienced pitcher.

Yeah, I understand. DDs teams competence is usually tied to the level of pitching. When the #3 or #4 (or #8, yes we have 8) pitchers pitch, we lose to C teams. When #1 or #2 pitchers pitch we can beat A teams. Most kids in our area aren't doing this level of softball until they reach 12u so next year we'll see what's what.

Jul 17, 2016
In what seems similar to this USA Elite Select program, anybody familiar with Under Armour's Softball Factory Tryouts/Evaluations?

There's one here at the end of the month at a local college.

Jun 29, 2012
we tried out twice. this last time we got slammed on DD's hitting. said she didnt have an erect enuff stance. got the lowest hitting numbers in her age group. BS! she is a low ball hitter and the leading hitter on a good team. she hit well over .700 in the regional world series in ocean beach last year. everything they threw at her was around the letters. lol. I wount say its a waste of time, but it wasn't helpful to us at all.

Oct 5, 2012
Florida
we tried out twice. this last time we got slammed on DD's hitting. said she didnt have an erect enuff stance. got the lowest hitting numbers in her age group. BS! she is a low ball hitter and the leading hitter on a good team. she hit well over .700 in the regional world series in ocean beach last year. everything they threw at her was around the letters. lol. I wount say its a waste of time, but it wasn't helpful to us at all.

we did it this year. DD was a direct select and we choose to do it this year only. Put it on the bucket list. Next year its money being spent at camps

Jun 12, 2015

My DD likes low pitches also. I've seen her hit a triple off a ball that was in the dirt. It's hard to tell her not to swing below the knees when she hits those better than the ones around her waist. Anything above waist level and she's going to pop it up 8 times out of 10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA