USA Elite Select Futures evals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
6 states and 4 tryous for Great Lakes region. Shouldn't be a problem finding enough girls.
I'm predicting that if a region doesn't have enoughselects they go contact and select kids above a certain performance threshold from different regions.

I'm thinking the performance threshold is the ability of their parents to write a check.

Feb 3, 2016
I'm thinking the performance threshold is the ability of their parents to write a check.

I've noticed that most people hating on ES and the tryouts don't have kids direct selected or picked up for the selection show. It's like 100.00 if selected. The travel, hotels. meals and vacationing is all the cost. All about perspective and what you think it is.

Mar 1, 2015
we went once. And I quickly realized the money grab it was when the "evaluator" for one of the stations was staring at her phone more than the players.

Never. Again.

Apr 28, 2014
Like anything else it depends on your DD's situation..
DD tried out the last 2 years... When she was 11U she was called as an alternate.. We respectfully declined.. But it was nice I guess to know she could have went.. That year she pitched outdoors in early may it was 45 degrees.. Not an excuse but she pitched well for an 11 year old.
Last year we had crazy rain and it was moved indoors.. what was supposed to be 3 hours ended up being closer to 6 hours. DD performed well but was not offered a spot. That's fine.. Funny thing is that she scored a 5 in overall pitching.. ran a sub 13 home to home and scored a 4 in hitting.. however 2 girls who scored lower in all categories made the team. The stats are posted. I would never tell DD but I think either they over-rated DD during the assessments or they picked the wrong kids LOL.
That said DD wants to tryout again. She sees girls that she doesn't normally see at tournaments at the tryouts. $150? We spend that on a few hitting lessons. If she makes it this year we will not go. That's been established already :)

Nov 18, 2013
I've noticed that most people hating on ES and the tryouts don't have kids direct selected or picked up for the selection show. It's like 100.00 if selected. The travel, hotels. meals and vacationing is all the cost. All about perspective and what you think it is.

ES wasn't around yet when DD was that age. There were other "honors" she was chosen for where the main purpose was to get families to theme parks or spend excessive fees to participate. Maybe ES is different, but my impression is it's a similar money grab. That doesn't mean it's not worth attending. If you're planning on going to Disney the fields at WWS are terrific and it's a great opportunity to get sone softball in and meet kids from around the country.

If it's really the best kids in the country congrats to your DD for being chosen. Either way good luck to her and I hope she has fun.

Jun 12, 2015
If it's really the best kids in the country congrats to your DD for being chosen.

My impression the year we went was that the best of the best players at least in our area did not attend. I didn't see many jerseys from top teams around here. It may be different in other areas or even on different years. We went not this year but last.

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
My impression the year we went was that the best of the best players at least in our area did not attend. I didn't see many jerseys from top teams around here. It may be different in other areas or even on different years. We went not this year but last.

I can say, the tryouts we're going to in the Northeast will include the best of the best players in the 10u age bracket. But USSSA is really big in these parts.

Jun 12, 2015
I can say, the tryouts we're going to in the Northeast will include the best of the best players in the 10u age bracket. But USSSA is really big in these parts.

I was surprised not to see more from the big names here. USSSA is, at least for now, the main org around here for higher level teams.

Nov 18, 2013
I was surprised not to see more from the big names here. USSSA is, at least for now, the main org around here for higher level teams.

Is that for the younger ages? I've seen th Vipers and Impact at ASA and PGF events. DD was with the Bullets for TCS and ASA. This was two years ago and I know things can change quickly in the softball world. I know USSSA's new tourney in KC was very well attended by top teams. There WS events are still considered B level though. I'm not a hater. DD played in a WS last year. Didn't see any big name teams though and the competition wasn't very good.

Jun 12, 2015
Is that for the younger ages? I've seen th Vipers and Impact at ASA and PGF events. DD was with the Bullets for TCS and ASA. This was two years ago and I know things can change quickly in the softball world. I know USSSA's new tourney in KC was very well attended by top teams. There WS events are still considered B level though. I'm not a hater. DD played in a WS last year. Didn't see any big name teams though and the competition wasn't very good.

I just mean for local tournaments. You don't see much offered here for PGF, and ASA seems to have faded away for now (still around but the real A level teams don't seem to be playing them much in our age group). Mine is 10U so I don't currently pay much attention to anything beyond 12U. I know that even the 10U teams that play high level ball travel some and play other orgs in other states. It seems like maybe USFA is making a bit of a comeback but it's hard to tell yet. We're playing a little of everything this year but we're not a high level team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles