USA Elite Select Futures evals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
An erroneous email went out for registration/payment for the AAG in Florida that led to a list of everyone getting an invite (Direct Selects and those girls who were going to get an invite during the selection show). They asked people to keep it quiet so the announcements could be a surprise and have some fun hype around them. I think they also then rescheduled some of the selection shows to get ahead of some of this. The Direct Selects have all been listed and notified within about a week of the tryouts.

Jun 4, 2014
The Direct Selects have all been listed and notified within about a week of the tryouts.

With the exception of the very last tryout from Indiana. I'm guessing that, even though that's the final one, they will still name direct selects from that tryout as well.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
With the exception of the very last tryout from Indiana. I'm guessing that, even though that's the final one, they will still name direct selects from that tryout as well.

Well yeah, that Indiana tryout was just held on the 21rst (last weekend) though.

Jun 4, 2014
I will say my daughter was really excited to do the tryout and I think enjoyed the experience. Our greatest disappointment was that for one section of the evaluation, she was quite obviously given the results of another player, and not her own. I won't go into much more than that, other than to say it wasn't a subjective measurement or a difference of opinion. It was a clear error. No idea how prevalent that is. I'll also note that she didn't understand that the 20 and 40 yard times were done in a single run. She pulled up and turned out before the finish line but Merritt wouldn't let her go again. We're still glad we did it though.

Mar 20, 2017
Madison, WI
Yes, we received an email immediately after the selection show, but for us the process played out exactly as USSSA described (no email prior to the selection show as mentioned above). My DD was not named as a direct select, but was named on the 5/29 selection show, after which we received the formal email to accept the slot. Honestly, I am a bit trying to convince my SO that this is a legitimate thing vs. them just making their way down the list until they find enough people willing to fork over the $ to play. Obviously it is a money-maker for the organization, and trust me, I am not over-blowing the significance of her making the team. My SO seems to think we are being played. I am positioning it as a semi-honor to have made the team, and that it is a great opportunity for DD to meet some new girls and extend the season. JF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles