Unsportsmanlike conduct

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness today a very unsportsmanlike conduct incident. We are playing in a two day friendly/mini tournament. My DD has rejoined her travel team and this was her first game back since she had to drop for all stars in May. Her TB team has struggled a bit and was apparently considered to be a doormat team by one the teams in this tournament. DD was in fine form and was facing the #4 hitter in the top of the second inning. She got ahead of the girl with 0 - 2 count on a swinging rise and a looking change. On the 3rd pitch she threw a drop in the dirt that the batter swung at. Catcher tagged her immediately and she was out.

On the way back to the dugout she is cursing and then throws her bat at the fence. The plate ump called over the opposing coach and ejected the batter. The coach handled it well (kind of think he was expecting it) but when he told the player she went ballistic. She was screaming at the plate ump and my girls and using language that shows up in cartoons as @#%#@$@#$@#$#. Coach had to literally drag her out of the dugout. She continued for a minute of two behind the backstop and was then tossed to the parking lot by the PU. Even from 500 feet away we could still here her cussing. I don't know if her parents were there but if they were they were cowards because no one told her to just shut up.

Mar 13, 2010
Holy hell. What a charming person!

I'd be surprised if this girl is on that team much longer. She wouldn't be on mine.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
She obviously has some issues that need professional counseling, or a good rear-whipping by Dad. I have never even seen a player that would do such a thing in travel ball.

Dont ask me about some lower-income bracket , inner-city youth football teams though, thats a different story.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
"I have never even seen a player that would do such a thing in travel ball."

No, I haven't either, not even in boys baseball.

I suppose the young lady could have Tourettes or something.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sounds like she has some issues? Maybe some 14 year old hormones kicking in?

I don't put up with kids cussing, they know that's left up to the coaches. :)

We had a girl on my DDs team who was "verbally abusive" to the opposing Assistant Coach from the dugout. Our coaches just made her sit the bench until the end of the game. This same girl was SO ugly to the team...saying they didn't hustle, she couldn't do it all, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, we never saw that child again. When DD went to a college softball camp this summer, she mentioned the girl's name to the head coach. She knew her well - had apparently been kicked out of the camp the summer before for smoking pot. JEEZ...

Oct 25, 2009
We had a girl on my DDs team who was "verbally abusive" to the opposing Assistant Coach from the dugout. Our coaches just made her sit the bench until the end of the game. This same girl was SO ugly to the team...saying they didn't hustle, she couldn't do it all, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, we never saw that child again. When DD went to a college softball camp this summer, she mentioned the girl's name to the head coach. She knew her well - had apparently been kicked out of the camp the summer before for smoking pot. JEEZ...

Sounds like she needs work laying off those high pitches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan