Understanding the real "enemy"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
Along with the bend over at waist, adjust up/down by bend at waist, rotate around front hip. All those are opposed to/prevent what the HLBB pattern needs.

So this home run swing is all wrong?

V_H_HD_FPS_Public_Example_Tilt_BrittanyRobison_CF_HR_ToLCF_10-004_60FPS_45-55_R.gif

This is the best illustration of tilt that I have EVER seen, whether baseball or softball.

You need to watch more softball and baseball and less golf.

P.S. For those of you playing along at home, and to bring this marginally back on topic, IMO this is a perfect example of the real enemy. Some of it is the whole armchair philosopher thing. There are also bigger issues going on with certain people, who can't or won't see reality. Instead, they just cling to their beliefs, darn the torpedoes.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH

V_H_HD_FPS_Public_Example_Tilt_BrittanyRobison_CF_HR_ToLCF_10-004_60FPS_45-55_R.gif

This is the best illustration of tilt that I have EVER seen, whether baseball or softball.

P.S. For those of you playing along at home, and to bring this marginally back on topic, IMO this is a perfect example of the real enemy. Some of it is the whole armchair philosopher thing. There are also bigger issues going on with certain people, who can't or won't see reality. Instead, they just cling to their beliefs, darn the torpedoes.

Chris, any chance you could post the full swing next to this? (Regular speed, all the frames.)

KentFront.gif

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009

Chris

In RVP there is a clip of Sheffield hitting this way and I called Don and this was around 2004 and he said you are the second person who questioned this and I decline to say who the other person was. He said older MLB players that played on short porches to left used this swing to get an outside pitch over the short side field.

Old films of Roberto Clemente doing this are around and he shared this with me as he has access to all MLB footage through his licensing agreements.

The enemy is the coaches who believe to swing down on the ball or level on the ball or hit their shoulder and do not teach the girls how to throw like an athlete!

At college camps they are still teaching squish the bug, hitting off 2 x 4's and hitting basket balls and it hurts the girls especially.

No consideration for balance is given what so ever! In 9 years of doing clinics, not one male coach could explain how to get balanced or could get balanced that we could not push or cause them to rock back on their heels or toes.

Thanks Howard

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
sarge -

so9me good posts.

I agree with importance of hands on instruction and I prefer the HLBB/Epstein type pattern if the kid can learn a good overhand throw.

if not englishbey/PCR can be fine.

how do you relate throwing/swinging as in the candrea/etc oor carrier if you can throw you can hit approach ?

Oct 12, 2009
The enemy is the coaches who believe to swing down on the ball or level on the ball or hit their shoulder and do not teach the girls how to throw like an athlete!

I'd love to see how the student of a level shoulders, level swing guy would adjust to hit this pitch.

It ain't gonna be pretty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand