UGH!!!!! This is Frickin TORTURE!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
can I say frickin??

We have a game in 7 minutes, and I'm at home with DD who is asleep in bed with sudden onset of a migraine. She was supposed to pitch, and I'm trying to rearrange stuff via text messages...Coaching this way is NOT FUN.

And this was a pretty big game for the team...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My son suffered from debilitating migraines from age 5 - 12. He had some after that, but that was the age that we were able to get him on preventative meds.

Sometimes anticipation of a big event can cause them.

Imitrex injections helped ease the pain, after one started.

He was a pitcher.

Feb 9, 2009
Amy, she's 10, so I'm thinking between hormones starting to show up and the anticipation...she didn't stand a chance. I'm gonna have to look into Imitrex. She also started having them young: 7yo...

We lost.
And apparently the other team's parents were relentless in their taunting of my girls...God must've known it would'nt have been pretty to have me there...

Jun 22, 2008
Have her pay attention when she thinks one is coming on. I had migraines from early teens until I was about 25 and they were always preceeded by a signal. Once I learned to catch this signal I could take preventative action to delay the onset and lessen the pain. In my case I would develop a blind spot in my left eye. If I saw this I knew I had about 45 minutes to an hour before the pain hit.

Feb 24, 2010
Also, keep a food diary. DW has has found that raw onions, pepperoni, pickles and some other certain foods that I can't remember right now cause her migrains. Also, as a scientist I know that the ag companies have genetically modified food crops/seeds to be resistant to certain things - drought, weed, bugs, etc. (Google genetically modified food) They do this by altering natural components, such as proteins, in the plants to accomplish the desired outcome, and our bodies may not be able to metabolize these unnatural substances and they may cause adverse affects. We are now eating foods that are MUCH different than our parents and ancestors ate. I myself cannot eat white flour sourced food due to the modified wheat. And migrains are hereditary, so if neither of the parents suffer from migrains I'd look into the diet as a possible source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck