Turf field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Mike,

The turf you will be playing on is field turf with the rubber pieces in it. It's very bouncy, but there are no bad hops.

If it's raining or wet out, I would think twice about wearing gym shoes. It will be slippery. Either way, have your girls bring both and go with what they're comfortable with.

Good luck

Agree, if it's wet at all, wear rubber cleats. Otherwise there will be more danger from all the slipping and sliding than the very small chance of catching a cleat. We play 1-3 tourneys a year on turf and haven't seen any injuries from cleats.

Oct 19, 2009
My DD team is playing 2/11 at the Sports Zone in Indianapolis. Does anyone know what kind of turf is there?

SportZone uses Field Turf with the rubber bits in it. They also use a restricted flight ball. We played there and it's a real nice facility with plenty of warm up space.

Jun 20, 2008
We have played at "The Cal Ripken Experience" in Myrtle Beach SC and its awesome, they are allowed to wear plastic cleats, no metal cleats...

Dec 7, 2011
Anyone been to the Avanti-Dome in Pekin IL ?
I know it's the good longer astroturf with black rubber pellets but anything else anyone can share about their experience there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell