TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
At this point it's almost like people are trying to misinterpret. The pros have made the action so simple, when has any pro advocated swinging across the body? JD Martinez use to swing like that until he understood the concept of FYB and proper posture.

I don't remember any of those pros talking about FYB ;)

May 12, 2016
While the bold was certainly the result of his swing change, his own words say that he felt the need to get on plane earlier. In essence he started with the barrel path he was looking for and worked backwards to get there. Personally I think this is the correct way of doing things...
Hey nothing wrong with recognizing correct barrel path... do you have details on how JD worked backwards?

Jun 8, 2016
Hey nothing wrong with recognizing correct barrel path... do you have details on how JD worked backwards?
No but I think he worked with Wallenbrock so you might be able to find some stuff from him and see what might have been done.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
That' because they were too busy talking about down to/on top of/not losing the barrel etc ;)

Unfortunately for some it won't be seen unless it's felt. :) We know the old video of Tewks swinging down and across never felt it or maybe he was unaware of it:cool:

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yea, I remember you stating to have not felt getting into a fyb hitting position when you played over at bbd ;)

I still think the biggest difference is terminology.... We focus on much of the same things otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes