TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
If you swung as Pujois said, you would of just stood and moved your hands. That's what he did. Love to you see you do it again, with the same posture, tilt, and without your upper travelling past your front hip. Just like your last swing, but thinking down to. Personally I believe your swing would be much improved then your last one, you would stay on plane longer, stay through the ball more, and not hit around your body so much... Just like Trout ;)

Again, thanks for posting your swing.

I think down to. I just think down to, from behind. The barrel has to be behind the ball.

May 12, 2016
I think down to. I just think down to, from behind. The barrel has to be behind the ball.
What do you think happens when Pujois gets in a full leveraged position with posture and performs the action you see in the demo. I'm glad we are starting to see eye to eye on this. The pros just don't think, they do.

Nov 16, 2017
What do you think happens when Pujois gets in a full leveraged position with posture and performs the action you see in the demo. I'm glad we are starting to see eye to eye on this. The pros just don't think, they do.
They are demoing down to across the body, I am advocating down to from behind.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
They are demoing down to across the body, I am advocating down to from behind.

I don't think any of them are demoing across.

BXOMHZw.gif

Nov 16, 2017
I don't think any of them are demoing across.

BXOMHZw.gif

What is the relation to the deltoid? Use the deltoid as a reference. Is the game swing and the demo show the barrel the same in relation to the deltoid. That is where the difference is.

May 12, 2016
At this point it's almost like people are trying to misinterpret. The pros have made the action so simple, when has any pro advocated swinging across the body? JD Martinez use to swing like that until he understood the concept of FYB and proper posture.

Jun 8, 2016
At this point it's almost like people are trying to misinterpret. The pros have made the action so simple, when has any pro advocated swinging across the body? JD Martinez use to swing like that until he understood the concept of FYB and proper posture.
While the bold was certainly the result of his swing change, his own words say that he felt the need to get on plane earlier. In essence he started with the barrel path he was looking for and worked backwards to get there. Personally I think this is the correct way of doing things...

Nov 16, 2017

Let's just assume you are right. I don't think you are, as I think as Curt said above a "feel". But let's just assume. Why would you think people are trying to misinterpret? You said it took you a long time to see it, so did Curt. Why are you are now so impatient with others, and so willing to think folks that disagree with you are doing it purposely. And if was so simple why did it take you and Curt a long time to understand it?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What is the relation to the deltoid? Use the deltoid as a reference. Is the game swing and the demo show the barrel the same in relation to the deltoid. That is where the difference is.

They are attempting to keep the barrel working and swinging within the s-plane as long as possible.. Fighting like he!! to not lose the barrel.

H9gBsg4.png

eyo3aMA.gif

dB7gRv5.gif

May 12, 2016
Let's just assume you are right. I don't think you are, as I think as Curt said above a "feel". But let's just assume. Why would you think people are trying to misinterpret? You said it took you a long time to see it, so did Curt. Why are you are now so impatient with others, and so willing to think folks that disagree with you are doing it purposely. And if was so simple why did it take you and Curt a long time to understand it?
I'm not impatient, :). If you want to take the long way home, go for it. Regardless, if I'm reiterating what the pros are saying, and you are arguing against it, well then we are going to discuss, or would you like me to put you on the list for the people who need time? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes