TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Active hands is one which says nothing about forced supination.
Please define the movements of active hands.
And all this forced vs "unforced"?....please define the difference because every movement is forced in some manner unless the batter is being acted on by some outside force..... maybe he gets pushed by the catcher?
Are you saying the bat free-wheels because of the centrifugal force exerted by the rotation of the core? Then explain the difference in the rotational planes of the 2 and how the inefficiency when they're mismatched could produce any bat speed?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
And all this forced vs "unforced"?....please define the difference because every movement is forced in some manner unless the batter is being acted on by some outside force..... maybe he gets pushed by the catcher?
Are you saying the bat free-wheels because of the centrifugal force exerted by the rotation of the core? Then explain the difference in the rotational planes of the 2 and how the inefficiency when they're mismatched could produce any bat speed?

I will leave this to the folks who made the comments.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

Not sure what he is trying to prove here because there is a big difference in swings. Watch the weight and check out back foot action. Shot himself in the foot with this one.

May 12, 2016
I think that's exactly what happens, ... sick of getting bopped in the head ;) <sarcasm inserted>

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
@TDS ,

What are your thoughts on the "oar lock" description that BoardMember used to talk about?

I always liked and respected boardmember's views when he posted on the hitting forums.

Can you refresh my memory ? Or provide a video ?

Jul 29, 2013
I guess we have multiple definitions of ttb now as well :cool:.

Yes hitters a attempt to maintain radial/ulnar deviation down to and into the ball.

AkbYWxi.gif

2hoQ5IE.gif

UHgkblZ.gif
Yes, there are many demo swings where the pros show only only the radial /ulnar deviation "chopping" movement and the signature "cutting the ball" and accompanying back spin. Their game swings are TTB supination, and then some RUD radial ulnar deviation after the supination gets to its limit.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
I will leave this to the folks who made the comments.
They haven't stepped up so please define how active hands is a different wrist action than supination or R/U deviation. All that's left is flexion and surely no one could say that's a batting movement of the wrists? But there are those.......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1