TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Yep, I agree the folks that struggle with the swing down to the ball were "all back all forward" vs getting into a leveraged fyb hitting position.

4UzzfVL.gif

VyPOGHT.gif

ReV7MD3.gif
Have you seen Williams swing? Do you think he swung all back all forward?

Jul 29, 2013
That's what he's doing in the video.. isolating hand path, I don't know what else to say about that..lol.

Right, I can't see the swing they are demoing because you can't find a video.., just a magazine clipping from 86. However I'm no pro that's for damn well sure, but with comments like that about the being unable to use the hips, it's not that hard to figure out.. ABAF.
So sight unseen you're absolutely sure it's abaf. Williams says swinging down is the problem but you know better. Wow, that's amazing.
Sounds like swinging down promotes deceleration of the hips.....abaf.

May 12, 2016
So sight unseen you're absolutely sure it's abaf. Williams says swinging down is the problem but you know better. Wow, that's amazing.
Sounds like swinging down promotes deceleration of the hips.....abaf.
According to Williams it doesn't involve the hips at all.. go back and read, and get back to me.

Bobby, provide a video of somebody swinging down, complete swing, not a demo.. doesn't have to be a pro. I am just curious what you mean by swinging down. Not looking to read a paragraph long description, just a video. Last video I seen I seen of somebody trying to swing down in a FYB sequence, they had 0 posture and no tilt. It was actually kind of comical.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
According to Williams it doesn't involve the hips at all.. go back and read, and get back to me.

Bobby, provide a video of somebody swinging down, complete swing, not a demo.. doesn't have to be a pro. I am just curious what you mean by swinging down. Not looking to read a paragraph long description, just a video. Last video I seen I seen of somebody trying to swing down in a FYB sequence, they had 0 posture and no tilt. It was actually kind of comical.
Don't move the goal posts. The argument is what the pros practice and preach vs what they do in games.
AROD doesn't hit like this in games, but he practices and preaches it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The difference for those interested is here. One is trying to match (fails) by attempting to duplicate video while discounting what has been said.

XRu9Pmv.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd