TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Lol.. I want to see Bobby’s version of it

ReV7MD3.gif

Here is a dad but don't know if he was giving an honest attempt.

xZVGm7d.gif

Nov 16, 2017
ReV7MD3.gif

Here is a dad but don't know if he was giving an honest attempt.

xZVGm7d.gif

Very honest attempt, to do exactly as is demoed in the AROD video. I am sorry but I think this boils down to which side of the brain you use. If you are left brain this teaching is not going to work. I am very very left brain. I am an IT guy. I can crush math but struggle with even spelling. English language makes no sense to me. If you are right brain then you are able to "interpret" what they are doing.

For us a coaches moving forward I think having a mastery over both approaches and knowing on which kid to apply it to is how you become a great coach. If showing a kid the ARod demo move and he/she swings like ARod in a game then that is what you teach him. If you show that to JD Martinez and he\she like myself tries to do it exactly as shown then you need to teach him down, but down from behind. Explain get on plane early and his brain will produce his new game swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Very honest attempt, to do exactly as is demoed in the AROD video. I am sorry but I think this boils down to which side of the brain you use. If you are left brain this teaching is not going to work. I am very very left brain. I am an IT guy. I can crush math but struggle with even spelling. English language makes no sense to me. If you are right brain then you are able to "interpret" what they are doing.

For us a coaches moving forward I think having a mastery over both approaches and knowing on which kid to apply it to is how you become a great coach. If showing a kid the ARod demo move and he/she swings like ARod in a game then that is what you teach him. If you show that to JD Martinez and he\she like myself tries to do it exactly as shown then you need to teach him down, but down from behind. Explain get on plane early and his brain will produce his new game swing.

James, the legs should feel leveraged against the core. IOW's the core is streching until it contracts. Nothing should be stretched and then held.. Think SSC.

Your attempt appears locked up (no SSC) through the core so you need to shift to the front leg and then use the arms to swing down.

The core (obliques) stretching is a relaxed feeling until the contraction occurs.

xZVGm7d.gif

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013

Mirrors and video are great teaching aids.

Jul 29, 2013
Yep, down to.
But he decried swinging down and even wrote a book about swinging slightly up. There are videos with him swinging slightly up. There are videos of all the pros swinging slightly up.
Do you define up as toward the sky from flat horizontal and down as toward the ground from flat horizontal or do you have a different meaning like Julray's bs?

Jul 29, 2013
According to Williams it doesn't involve the hips at all.. go back and read, and get back to me.

Bobby, provide a video of somebody swinging down, complete swing, not a demo.. doesn't have to be a pro. I am just curious what you mean by swinging down. Not looking to read a paragraph long description, just a video. Last video I seen I seen of somebody trying to swing down in a FYB sequence, they had 0 posture and no tilt. It was actually kind of comical.
WILLIAMS: Now, if I swing slightly up, I hit it with the greatest impact. This swing incorporates the single most important thing—not shifting your weight but getting your butt moving, your hips working.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
According to Williams it doesn't involve the hips at all.. go back and read, and get back to me.

Bobby, provide a video of somebody swinging down, complete swing, not a demo.. doesn't have to be a pro. I am just curious what you mean by swinging down. Not looking to read a paragraph long description, just a video. Last video I seen I seen of somebody trying to swing down in a FYB sequence, they had 0 posture and no tilt. It was actually kind of comical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid