Tryout Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I heard the entire Unity/Ross team from 16u that Haevener just left is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DD woke up to a bunch of noise on her twitter about a new Unity 14U National team. They followed her and some of her teammates and then several girls she follows tweeted about being on this new team. Many were from a Beverly Bandits team we have played several times and respect.

Ah, tryout season... the only thing that goes unchanged is the change. <-- Or however that saying goes.

May 13, 2023
Not speaking for the nation,
but here in Cali teams are always looking for players. Not a tryout season anymore or winter or summer. The only thing that truly keeps on track of player movement is aging up.

As for what happens after Nationals in summer a lot of that is just grievance oriented.... but that happens throughout the year changing things anyway 🤷‍♀️

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I heard the entire Unity/Ross team from 16u that Haevener just left is done.

Does anyone know what drove this? They seemed to have a great season, though perhaps didn't do as well at PGF nationals as expected/hoped?

Aug 5, 2022
Does anyone know what drove this? They seemed to have a great season, though perhaps didn't do as well at PGF nationals as expected/hoped?

I just think it’s got to be hard for the personalities of that many high level players and parents to stay happy. All ceo no worker bee I guess

May 20, 2016
Last year of club ball for DD. She's committed and doesn't have to attend tryouts as she has the same spot on the same team. Always had to go to try outs prior to this year. Looking forward to the final hurrah.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Apparently, Johnson and Ross didn't get along, even to the point of fighting in the dugout at PGF. A friend on the Caymol team told me Heavener was considering leaving over the winter to go there, but that didn't materialize. Her former catcher on the Bolts and Unity is there now, so there was a connection.

Dec 19, 2021
Last year of club ball for DD. She's committed and doesn't have to attend tryouts as she has the same spot on the same team. Always had to go to try outs prior to this year. Looking forward to the final hurrah.
That's a nice position to be in. 👍 DD1 is in the same situation. Half the kids on the team graduated, so it will be interesting to see who fills in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles