Truckin'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2011
When My DD started Travel ball last year,
I made her a mix CD of her favorite "pump-up" songs to enjoy during the ride.
(Mix of mostly 80's rock-metal classics (think AC/DC, BlackSabbath, etc) , and current girly dance-y songs (think Katy Perry, Arianna Grande, etc)...)

My DD and I are traveling alone together this summer for her tournament adventures (younger brother started travel baseball and he gets dad!). We just talked and would both love to see your CD play list. We are going to make one together ourselves. This will be so much fun!! Thanks!

Jun 11, 2013
Bring a good attitude and be there to support your DD.

The other advice is to google map where you are going if you aren't familiar. Find out where the hotel is, the fields, nearby food (and beverage) locations. Relax and get to know the other parents.

May 8, 2013
Have a blast! Away tourneys are always so much fun for the girls! I do not pack a lot of food or drinks, I just get them once we get where we are going - but do make sure you have any of her "must haves" with you. I always make sure to take a picture of my DD from the back of the truck with all of the equipment/coolers/chairs etc - it is like going on an adventure each time.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
My DD and I are traveling alone together this summer for her tournament adventures (younger brother started travel baseball and he gets dad!). We just talked and would both love to see your CD play list. We are going to make one together ourselves. This will be so much fun!! Thanks!

From memory:
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Crazy train - Ozzy Osborne
Back in Black - AC/DC
It's a long way to the top - AC/DC
We will rock you/We are the Champions - Queen
Know your Enemy - Green Day
Doorbell - The White Stripes
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Paradise - Cold Play
Rock Me - Liz Phair
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
California Gurls - Katy Perry
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Die Young - Ke$ha
Satellite - Nicki Minaj
The Way - Arriana Grande

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
Here is my DD's playlist:
uploadfromtaptalk1430357242350.JPG
f3842a3d77a212e8ba0ec062d38fb34b.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430357259189.JPG

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430357252364.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1430357252364.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
If you have ever spent any time reading the Youth Softball Forum on NJ.com, you would know what I'm talking about. Here's a fairly typical thread that is going on right now:

98179.5.1.1.1. its parents, just like that...
by USA84, 04/28/15 6:35 AM
Re: Geez, What Turmoili within Jefferson Twp Travel Softball Program by hopphil, 04/28/15 6:35 AM
You want it both ways, lets play travel and have a REC commitment, than complain when it does not go your way. Let the coaches, coach or you will have a glorified REC.. Which by the way, that is what is happening there. Any wonder why all your teams are B level teams? You will be happy, and those good coaches and volunteers with talented and hardworking players will be watching from their club teams. I heard of another coach from there getting ripped up by parents again. All the coaches from other town talk to each other at all levels, we know how horrible the parents are from that town program, You all will not be happy until they are all gone. Instead of stepping up and asking them what can my daughter do to get better and working with her, you throw them under the bus. Back up for a second and realize they are there to help, and you are the one impeding the kids, the coaches and the program.

I rarely take my team over there to play anymore as there are parents there that are just over the top (and I say this despite the fact that I've coached my son's youth hockey team, which is generally a milder crowd).

Those are parents complaining about the politics of their local rec/town travel program. Not sure how that substantiates your claim that NJ parents are not "knowledgeable" or are more "vocal" than other parents at games. We have played quite a few teams from SE PA (Philly, etc), and I can tell you I have heard many things from those sidelines that make me shake my head as well.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
From memory:
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Crazy train - Ozzy Osborne
Back in Black - AC/DC
It's a long way to the top - AC/DC
We will rock you/We are the Champions - Queen
Know your Enemy - Green Day
Doorbell - The White Stripes
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Paradise - Cold Play
Rock Me - Liz Phair
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
California Gurls - Katy Perry
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Die Young - Ke$ha
Satellite - Nicki Minaj
The Way - Arriana Grande

Wow. That list goes to hell in a handbag.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06