Truckin'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
I love road trips. My DH tries to make me pack everything under the sun and the kitchen sink. I tell him I'm pretty sure wherever we are going has stores to get what's missing. The best part is 2+ hours in a vehicle with my DD. Some of the best and funniest conversations are on those trips. You learn a lot about each other, espically in cell tower "dead zones".

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
HA! 'Iron Man' opens this mix, and 'The Way' closes it out.
Good Guesses!

It does transition in-between the raunch and the sugar with some coldplay, greenday, imagine dragons, etc.
I did try to arrange for a pleasant progression.

along those lines My lil DDs team asked for 3 walk up songs...so we spent an hour picking songs...I was so proud when I played AC DCs TNT for her and she chose it as one of her three...so now there are 11 girls with various current pop songs for walk up music and one little tow head that walks up to "cause i'm TNT OY OY OY TNT OY OY OY" love it.

Dec 19, 2012
If the tournament is selling tournament t-shirts I suggest buying one since this is your fist "away" venture. Also, depending on where in New Jersey you are going, find a hot dog stand like a Sabretts and also find a place that sells Itialian Ice. If you're on the coast where there is a boardwalk hit a pizza place like Three Brothers From Italy. Slices of pie way bigger than your face....and very yummy!

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
One thing to keep in mind is you will need something you didn't bring and not need half the stuff you take. After four years of TB we still haven't figured it out because it is always something different.

Always love our road trips. We have had so much fun and the girls love the hotel stays. It is a great time to bond with other families.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Nooooooooooooooo keep the windows up. Stay out of the Deptford mall. I kid. I'm about 30 min from there on the other side of the bridge Pa side.

Cool...stop by and say hi!. I'll put a DFP on my back window; heck we all should so we know who's who in whoville. Or perhaps I can meet you at Tony Luke's in Philly!! (lol)

Apr 22, 2015
N.C., USA
I love road trips. My DH tries to make me pack everything under the sun and the kitchen sink. I tell him I'm pretty sure wherever we are going has stores to get what's missing. The best part is 2+ hours in a vehicle with my DD. Some of the best and funniest conversations are on those trips. You learn a lot about each other, espically in cell tower "dead zones".

I am like the boy scouts... always prepared. I take a water cooler, cups with girl's name on them, two extra gloves, an extra mitt, chin-straps, an extra helmet, first aid stuff, jackets, extra pencils and paper. OCDish no doubt. And that is just for practice.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Cool...stop by and say hi!. I'll put a DFP on my back window; heck we all should so we know who's who in whoville. Or perhaps I can meet you at Tony Luke's in Philly!! (lol)

Would have enjoyed that but, DD will be up near Lancaster Pa with her team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC