Trouble with the whip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Next practice I am turning up the speakers on this one! My DD will fall over laughing that I found yet ANOTHER "softball" song for her. Thanks JAD!

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
Next practice I am turning up the speakers on this one! My DD will fall over laughing that I found yet ANOTHER "softball" song for her. Thanks JAD!

Every time I do something like that I get omg eye roll. LOL but it doesn't stop me...

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
bmd, be careful what you tell you dd about the whip. R u telling her ball up at 9 oclock?

Yes I do tell her palm up. Her coach preaches towards 3rd at 9. I hoping with reps upon reps that she will find more consistency

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
How is her follow through? Some students will stop their hand at the bottom and not allow the follow through to happen naturally. Since were talking about the whip, regading long toss make sure she is maintaining her sequence and not letting the mometum override everything and she is pushing the ball into release. i had this issue with a few students, just something to be aware of. I've had some do the long toss but instead of throwing the ball into the air, I've had them snap and roll the ball on the ground. Timing and feeling what your body is doing for some can be a struggle, Good luck

Last edited:

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
How is her follow through? Some students will stop their hand at the bottom and not allow the follow through to happen naturally. Since were talking about the whip, regading long toss make sure she is maintaining her sequence and not letting the mometum override everything and she is pushing the ball into release. i had this issue with a few students, just something to be aware of. I've had some do the long toss but instead of throwing the ball into the air, I've had them snap and roll the ball on the ground. Timing and feeling what your body is doing for some can be a struggle, Good luck

Attachment-1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

These were taken the first week of November...kinda old but all I got. I figured I could post these pics better than explain. Ken B has been helpful with suggestions. We are working on it....Taking time a week off for Christmas. But then back at it!

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Try warming up with a lite flite ball. A little bend in the arm, focusing on keeping the palm up as long as you can. Seems like a lighter ball allows me to feel what's happening alittle better

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
My DD's PC also wants palm facing third. Not sure what to do there...

Is this towards third or the sky?

Doesn't really matter what PC says if you cant find slomo video of top college athletes doing it that way. Somewhat towards third seems to work. Many seem to be between there and skyward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball