Trouble with the whip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Tickled if even one person gets something out of it.
Thanks Mark. The video just confirmed for me that we need to long toss when warming up.

Also want to thank for the Hansen principle! Makes all the difference in the world. I love that about this site.

May 12, 2008
Keep in mind the structure and order Jaeger presents is important for best results.

Keep in mind the limitations of the Hanson principle.

Oct 27, 2015
Had a good night in the gym. It felt like going backwards going back to these drills but I guess you should always keep them ready if problems show up again. We went from "Bat Drill" to "Liberty Drill". Whenever we ran into trouble we went back. Worked great and had her doing the proper mechanics by the end of the night. We will slowly work back to full pitch.

View My Video
fm8c1v.jpg

347wgmo.jpg

mtsf9e.jpg

Jun 12, 2015
Those are the ones we're doing as well and they really are magic. We'll probably use them to warm up for at least the next 6 months. I'm a huge fan at this point! Can't wait to get some good video of my DD pitching so I can post and get input on the improvement. It seems significant already to my amateur eye. I just have to convince her that she needs to let go of accuracy concerns for a little bit.

Oct 27, 2015
Those are the ones we're doing as well and they really are magic. We'll probably use them to warm up for at least the next 6 months. I'm a huge fan at this point! Can't wait to get some good video of my DD pitching so I can post and get input on the improvement. It seems significant already to my amateur eye. I just have to convince her that she needs to let go of accuracy concerns for a little bit.

I find it pretty funny we are at the same place but my DD is probably 7 years older. I'm just happy she is learning the right way to pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi