Travel Ball Costs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
In the fall it's $250, covers tournament fees and 1 jersey. In the spring it's $500, covers tournament fees, 4 jerseys & a helmet. We do fundraising and I didn't have to pay anything at all. This next spring season we will get bat bags instead of jerseys and helmets since we already have those.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Last fall was $300, coaching was excellent, travel never exceeded an hour, competition was average.

Spring was $1500, coaching was awful, travel went around 2h, competition was top-tier. Had we gone to Nationals, that would have been extra.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Here is what I have paid at the various levels. All included uniforms, bags and helmets.

10U 600
12U 700 3 fall tourneys, 5 Summer lite winter workouts
12U 1000 3 fall tourneys, 9 Summer and winter workouts
14U 1000 3 fall tourney, 10 Summer and winter workouts
This upcoming 2012-13 season:
14U 2600 6 fall tourney, 11 Summer and 2x week winter workouts including strength, speed and agility training PLUS, a paid coach. Probably rather well too based on the extra cache.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We are at $320 for Fall plus $100/month for outside coaching/batting cage fees

The $320 will include entry to tournaments, city fees, insurance, practice shirts and uniforms for players and coaches. Depending on costs we might buy team bags or helmets - we will see where we end up uniform-wise and whether we get helmets or gear bags or anything else.

We barely leave the county for FALL (or SPRING/SUMMER) for that matter so actual travel costs are minimal. We may stay over night once. The advantage of living in South Florida. Now if we could just find the last 2 players we'd have a full roster.

Apr 1, 2010
Can you guys tell me what you pay for your Travel Ball team? Coaching Fees? Required equipment? etc.

I have only checked into one team, and it was around $500 for the season which included league fees, uniforms, bat bag, helmet, etc. There was no charge for coaching fees. Is it fairly common for teams to require that everyone have matching bat bags, helmet, etc? My daughter already has all of the equipment she needs so it was kind of a turnoff to be expected to buy all of these extra items, but maybe this is a common practice. This was for a 10U team.
Just trying to figure out what to expect in the future.
Thanks

That's all pretty common. Sometimes you'll find a team that tries to put off buying some of the equipment, but then they'll just get parents griping because their team doesn't have the cool matching gear, LOL. $500 sounds very reasonable if it's for all that equipment, tournaments, league fees and practice facilities.

Jun 12, 2012
Reading through these posts I'm feeling pretty fortunate. Both DDs now play for the same org - 1 at 12u, one at 18u. Fees for the year are $250, plus one mandatory fundraiser thay has $200 buyout. The org provides uniforms, bags, shorts, t shirts, sweat pants, sweatshirts, Ringor cleats, and a Demarini bat. The girls keep everything but the game uniforms. We have weekly indoor practices over the winter and weekly conditioning at 16 and 18 with a trainer. For the older girls all transportation, hotels, and meals are covered. For my 17yo I think they played in state 3 times all year, travel included plane tickets to FL and a chartered bus to Atlanta.

In return we work bingo, averaging 1 session per month per team. This year that setup is supporting 3 18u teams, 1 16u, 1 14 u, 2 12us, and a 10u. It's a good gig!

Jun 12, 2012
Bingo IS the ticket! We've been with 3 teams that had bingo in some form. 1 through the Moose Lodge, 1 through the Elks, and this ome which is a privately owned hall, but staffed by various non-profits, ours having all of the weekend slots. Check with local service groups in your area. When we worked for the Elks they made a monthly donation to our team of $1000 in return for 6 workers at their weekly bingo session. They always need people to work the sessions.

Jun 21, 2010
This past spring/summer season we got a great deal because of DD's playing ability. 12U playing up on a 14U A team. $100 for 15-20 games. She played so well she played the whole run of tournaments. Team didn't want more money. New team. This fall $150. Spring/summer $900 includes uniforms, helmet and matching bag--DD just got a nice big Boombah bag for her catching gear--12 tournaments.

As other's have said, travel ( gas ), hotels, food, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, you get the idea.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA