Training (Wiffle) Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2012
Now on the third type of cheapo wiffle balls, and all of them have split. I've seen the Jugs wiffle balls online but do not have access to them in a store to inspect. Will they last? Any other quality brands or places to purchase online? Thanks for any help.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I am sure some whiffle balls are better than others, they are still cheap enough that we just buy new ones when 2-3 of them break. We also used golf size whiffle balls, they are cheaper and force increased concentration.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
Now on the third type of cheapo wiffle balls, and all of them have split. I've seen the Jugs wiffle balls online but do not have access to them in a store to inspect. Will they last? Any other quality brands or places to purchase online? Thanks for any help.

I hate hitting wiffle balls but I have found that pickle balls hold up pretty good.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiffle balls are expendables. Figure burning through 3-4 dozen or more per year. I buy them online in bulk for a discount and expense it to the team account.

Dec 11, 2010
HYP, curious why you don't like hitting wiffle balls.

We have the holey TCB and love them. Kinda spendy but good. Also have the Jugs Bulldogs. Have not broken any yet but we don't use them much anymore. Mostly bunting.

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks so much for the info on the TCB holey balls and the Jugs Bulldogs. Just wondering why Westwind only uses the Jugs Bulldogs for bunting? I'll look up exactly what the Bulldogs are. Maybe they aren't what i'm thinking. Will try a dozen of each. I realize they are expendable, but the last dozen I purchased were broken after one batter at front toss - literally. I did use the halves as cones during a defensive drill though... Guess they were good for something. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619