Training (Wiffle) Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
HYP, curious why you don't like hitting wiffle balls.

We have the holey TCB and love them. Kinda spendy but good. Also have the Jugs Bulldogs. Have not broken any yet but we don't use them much anymore. Mostly bunting.

A player hitting a wiffle ball gets a false sense of success. They can swing any way they want and the ball flies. Not true feedback. Especially before a game. Before a game if wiffles is the only thing you can do then you may have to use them. I don't let my players take to many swings with them. I usually tell them 5 to 8 swings and then a few check swings.

Jul 26, 2012
Through the years I have found the Jugs Bulldogs to hold up the best. I have TCB Hole balls as well, but they are expensive and tend to fly much farther than you would think for a TCB type ball. Diamond brand wiffle balls are more durable than most, and will get you through a year or more. The Diamonds will eventually crack as well, but are usually a little less expensive than Jugs and last much longer than 'cheapos'.

Feb 8, 2009
A few years ago we were going through wiffle balls like crazy. I decided to pay more for wiffle brand. We have broken just a few in 3 years.

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for the feedback on this. Finally received the TCB Hole balls and DD loves them! Still haven't received the Jugs balls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619