Trainiing video suggestions.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 22, 2011
Ok people... I did a bunch of poking around here and some web searches and just became more confused... a lot of choices. My daughter has just moved to a new 14U team. I like the girls and the coaches but it's pretty clear the coaches are not as experienced with running practice drills or hitting drills as our prior group of coaches. I don't wan't to start a wizzing match here but would like some input or direction on a good group of videos... specifically hitting. I'd like to offer them to our coaching staff and also be able to work with my daughters (have a 10yo too) during the fall season and off season on my own and sharpen up their game. Thank's in advance.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Don't buy the USA Softball dvds. Most of the information in those can be found on the internet.
Championship productions has a ton of videos.
I detest the University of Fla, but bought one of their dvds, Infield and Outfield Skills and Drill. I got a lot out of this one.
IMost dvds are about $40 and, IMO, few of them offer any new information that can't be found on the internet for free.

Oct 25, 2009
Political suggestion: Let your coaches know of your interest. Ask them for the same input you're asking here. Of course they won't know probably. But now you have drawn them in maybe. So when you get the video it will be much easier to get them on board with watching them.

And shoot some video yourself so you can track improvement.

Aug 2, 2008
google Howard Kobata. I swear that man owes me some money by now. :) These are fielding videos.

Sep 29, 2010
RightView Pro, Mike Epstein, John Mallee, Batspeed.com, Steve Englishbey, Hitting the Tennesee Way, The Science of Hitting by Ted Williams, Dr. Chris Yeager are a couple to search for regards hitting. See which best suits your style and belief system and go from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC