tracking the balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2008
My hgihg school girls are complaining right now that they can't track the ball when they are at the plate. I do alot of soft toss and tee work including small pingpong balls of varying colors which most do well with. Does anyone have more suggestions on exercises I can do to help my girls inprove their abiity to read the ball at the plate?
Denise

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
My hgihg school girls are complaining right now that they can't track the ball when they are at the plate. I do alot of soft toss and tee work including small pingpong balls of varying colors which most do well with. Does anyone have more suggestions on exercises I can do to help my girls inprove their abiity to read the ball at the plate?
Denise

Are you inside or outside? How is the backdrop?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I hope everyone is wearing safety goggles. I watched a girl almost get her eye put out with hitting lima beans. For that reason we use golf whiffle balls

Oct 19, 2009
We’ve used marsh mellows the small colored ones and the larger ones. They are bio degradable and we do not have to pick them up. Seems to work pretty good.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I always ask the parents when the girls have had their eyes checked, last. A lot of kids need a prescription, that don't realize it.

Sep 17, 2009
I always ask the parents where the girls have had their eyes checked, last. A lot of kids need a prescription, that don't realize it.

Yes, look for the squinters...many girls wear glasses in the classroom but are too vain, or don't like the bouncing, to where them when playing sports.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
Are they staring at the balls on the tee or tracking the ball to the tee?

Thanks Howard

Having the eyes checked is a good suggestion.

These two questions are for Howard if he happens to see them.

Have you ever worked with a kid with eye stigmatism , any insight who this could effect vision and how to help?

I saw where you advised that you had a clinic this weekend any place where there is a list of upcoming clinics. I just lucked into the one we attended and some people were asking if any more were around Georgia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid