Total Control golf ball size balls anyone?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I love TCB training balls, I have both the baseball size hole balls and weighted balls. Great tool.

So OK, local sporting goods store had some TCB mini hole balls and I was able to buy just one to try it out. It is slightly bigger than a golf ball. I could find no use for it whatsoever, it is still small enough that it goes right through batting cage and Bownet mesh. It flew way, way too far and you would lose them like crazy in the grass. I can buy golf wiffle balls cheap and I don't care if they break or if we leave five of them in the weeds. Make the hole balls a little bigger so they don't go through netting and I would buy them. Make the walls of the ball thinner and it won't fly as far. Other than that, they are a fun, useless gimmick IMHO.

HOWEVER.... I see they also make a weighted golf ball in 48 and 74 gram size. Anybody use these? Anybody think they have a use for batting training? If they don't fly too far they might come in really handy.

Thoughts?

Dec 11, 2010
I called total control today to ask about the small weighted balls. They are not recommending them for anything but golf.

I was told they come back at you really fast when front tossing. I can picture that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06