Total Control Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
Don't know if this is in the right section or not. But, has anyone used TC Balls for team practice? I ordered the half dozen pack yesterday, they should be here tomorrow. And batting practice is Thursday. We have 3 lanes, one with pitching machine, one for tee work, and one for sof-toss.

Any tips for using these balls?

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team always uses the TCB balls as one of their hitting stations. They do front toss, which IMO works great with these balls. In fact, they usually double up one hitting tunnel with the TCB station at one end and a hitting tee at the other, which leaves the other two tunnels available for pitching machines, throwing, etc. The TCBs just don't fly far enough to bother the girls on the tee at the other end. At most, one sometimes rolls all the way down there and becomes a point of pride for the hitter. :)

Dec 19, 2008
That sounds like a good idea. What age group are you talking? We are 16U, and I have some very hard hitters.

Apr 1, 2010
Hmm, well, ours are only 12U. You might want to test out a few of the big hitters and see how far they can send them!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD's team always uses the TCB balls as one of their hitting stations. They do front toss, which IMO works great with these balls. In fact, they usually double up one hitting tunnel with the TCB station at one end and a hitting tee at the other, which leaves the other two tunnels available for pitching machines, throwing, etc. The TCBs just don't fly far enough to bother the girls on the tee at the other end. At most, one sometimes rolls all the way down there and becomes a point of pride for the hitter. :)

Um..... if you place the front tosser at the end of the tunnel and have the hitter near the middle of the tunnel hitting back at the tosser, you have plenty of room to do 1 or more T stations at the other end of the cage. Just sayin'

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I mix them up in a bucket of regular ball and lite flights for front toss. With the idea that they need to swing through with power on every toss, not knowing (though they can pretty easily spot) what's coming.

Feb 16, 2011
Team practice we always do front toss with the TCB Balls from about 15ft. If there's a screen to use that day we'll mix in regular balls with the TCB Balls.

Apr 1, 2010
Um..... if you place the front tosser at the end of the tunnel and have the hitter near the middle of the tunnel hitting back at the tosser, you have plenty of room to do 1 or more T stations at the other end of the cage. Just sayin'

LOL, that would probably work fine. If the TCBs start travelling too far, I'll suggest it to coach.

Oct 14, 2008
Make sure you get the wiffle tcb balls also and switch back and forth between the weighted and wiffles. Easier on the joints.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06