Too much brush

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I got to watch my dd pitch today, actually found a catcher that wants to come with! (Yay). PC and I were standing behind her and we noticed how bad she was getting stuck behind her hip. This is something she has been working on and has made some progress (I thought she did anyway)! She's starting her brush on her butt cheek, and she brushing for so long. She's wrapping from her butt to front of thigh, it looks like. That's gotta be killing her speed. She also stepping over the power line, which is causing her hip to get even more in her way. Her hips are rotating a bit more past 45%. Coach of her last babe ruth team insisted on telling her to slam the door constantly when she pitched and even tho we talked about it and she knew that wasn't what she supposed to do and we also talked to coach and told her that wasn't what she was learning (didn't stop her from saying it) I think her desire to please the coach out weighed anything else, bad habits ensued. Anyway. PC says to have her really concentrate on getting to the left of the power line also getting her arm out in front. Anyone else have this issue? If so any ideas or tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2015
Gillis is a huge proponent of stepping across the power line. It was his first point of focus with my DD.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
In the above video segment Gillis instructs having the left foot become lined up in front of the right foot (RH pitcher) and that this assists in getting into a sideways position.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mothgirl, without video it is difficult to comment on what you describe as getting stuck ... " She's starting her brush on her butt cheek, and she brushing for so long. She's wrapping from her butt to front of thigh, it looks like."

For example this wrapping action here is not prohibiting speed IMO.

15e957a.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild